Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any tips of Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Never been to Les Arcs before, any info on :

-The train to Bourg Saint Maurice, station etc
-Getting to Les Arcs 1800
-Bars and places to eat
-Best place to get ski passes
-Other activities/event in resorts
-Any christmas and new year celebrations, best places to go
-Do they do xmas roast dinners!

We are staying at Hotel Du Golf and then Bellecote, any experiences would be great to hear.

And not forgetting the snow!
Been keeping an eye on the cam on another website and looking good.

Cheers

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If by train you mean the direct overnight eurorstar then it sukks big time (imho) - make sure you take earplugs and eye blinds otherwise you won't get a wink of kip. That and a couple of litres of stella should sort the sleeping problem out. You arrive at around 6:30am in BSM if I recollect correctly and the first funicular to 1600 is at 07:00, so not much of a wait. Once in 1600 walk to a bus stop and hop on a coutesy bus to 1800. So you'll be there bright and early, so try to find somewhere to leave your bags whilst you get some brekky and then go skiing. We chucked ours in the corner of a communal room and left them to hit the slopes - a bit dodgy but we made sure the valuables / passports were taken on the mountain, and bags were locked shut and too things.

The skiing is great lots of runs to explore - the vallandry sector is good in poor vis, and I quite like it anyway. Do some searches to find other run recommendations. In a mixed group we enjoyed the runs under Plan Bois 69 lift, as theres an option on reds, blues, blacks and you can catch back up on the lifts. Don't go home (1800) from the bottom of this lift if you are a boader though as it's too flat, go back up the chair and take reches. On the other side of the hill then plan des eaux and arendelieres can be a bit flat in places. If you're looking for esier blacks then refuge (under grand col) is steep but wide and flat in the first part then less steep and more bumpy lower down. Of course if you're hard core then Aguille Rouge is the classic but try and avoid getting stuck in the cable car as garlic and gauloises and hangovers dont' work too well. wink

Of course the other key question is Les Arcs only or Grande Domain - frankly for most people they are better off getting the les arcs only pass, as theres more than enough if you are just here for the week. From 1800 it should be possible to get to the top of the bellecote glacier 9la plagne) fairly easily (if they've reopened it after the fire) althought the queues in bellecote for the Roche de Mio bubble can be shocking. If les crozats (black) is open then the run back from the glacier towards Monchavin can be fab, and is usually very empty. The off piste bit under le clapet in la plagne is often good, turn right just after the RdeM restaurant and robert's your fathers brother. The runs towards the vanoise express are usually pretty well signed posted on either side of the mountain, altough the bit round les coches seems to give you to much choice. As to where to by ski passes look for "la caisse" often near to ESF Laughing

As to drinking spots well there are some...can't remember the name of the main bar in 1800, but it was good fun when we had 40 there on New Year, suggest you get your tickets early on in your week though.

Enjoy - I'm sure you will!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks fot that much appreciated.
Were catching the day Eurostar.
Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
go for the overnight snowtrain - much better! Day/night direct eurostar is nasty, very long, and cramped! Don't have it with me but have a number for a good taxi company if you want to get a cab - ~E50 for a car that takes 7 I think? (pm me if you want it) If you go by funicular I think you'll need a lift pass?

You don't need tips in 1800, it's pretty easy to navigate as is the skiing, I'm sure you'll have a great time, it's one of my fav resorts. Golf is pretty central. GO for a les arcs only pass, the link is a pain to get to from, I doubt you'll want to do it more than once so just buy and extension.

If you want run recommendations you'll have to tell us what level Happy But generally snow up by the clair blanc/col lifts tends to last well in poor snow, as does most of arc2000.

aj xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.

Have pm'd for taxi.

I go on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy