Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy 14/15

Poster: A snowHead
@pam w, me too, but I guess it's all relative. A broken leg is usually very fixable. Other things... Not so much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Video of the said avalanche,

http://www.henrysavalanchetalk.com/avalanche-foglietta-north-january-5th-2015-ste-foy-tarentaise

They were lucky!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
how are the conditions at the moment anyone know ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did Sainte Foy get any last night? wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
webcams shows it did, and looks like it still is
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
How do you get the password to watch the clip. I'm of to is Ischgl on Wednesday but for the last 3 years I've done off piste courses in Chamonix. Although I get given a transceiver and have a probe and shovel, I've never really been shown how to use them. I'd like to learn more about avalanche risk.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stefoy4me, thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just search it on youtube.......sainte foy avalanche and it comes straight up
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking through the window in St Foy and its pretty Very Happy looks like 15 cm min at the bottom and it is still going. Back in 4 weeks time snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve put the link on Val d'Isere thread couple of days ago, looked scary ....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bluebird powder day today! 20-25cm at the top - pistes are in great nick, still cutting through to crust on the steeper stuff off-piste but that should be sorted by the end of the week, judging by the forecast!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sounds good . Out there from the 24th looks like they might get a bit more this week coming Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep, pretty good up top today. Not bottomless, but still really good, just barely touching a soft crust at times.

I even rode Far Crystal and it wasn't the descent of rocky doom I'd expected, it was actually pretty good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did SF get a little fresh today?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A little dusting. I was actually up the valley in Tignes today. They have a bit more snow than we do, but ours is better quality (less traffic, fewer cannons, less wind).

Rode the Col Granier twice yesterday and it was very pleasant indeed.

snow conditions
looks nice. looking forward to getting there saturday morning Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Great pictures thanks. Can't wait.
ski holidays
huggiebear wrote:
looks nice. looking forward to getting there saturday morning Madeye-Smiley
us too arriving saturday evening..we're old, scottish, and there's four of us..say hello, buy us a vin chaud, and we (might) buy you one back Cool
ski holidays
@japman, @huggiebear, if you are both staying at Foy its so small you are bound to bump into each other!
snow report
yer i know once walked into zig zags and met a bloke i worked with,850 miles from home.funny old life
snow report
where u staying japman
snow report
Les fermes
snow report
nice place right next to the bars then,good move,we're at le ruitor theres 15 of us adults and teenagers.i will still be on hear so will send u a message when out in ste foy and maybe meet up and say hi and to any other snowheads in the area.have a good one
snow report
Hi all out in ste foy at the moment still some good skiing in the trees which was a surprise,the piste are ok ice and a few bits of stone coming through in places.looks like there some snow coming in over night tonight and for the next couple of days,bad thing it looks like it will be windy,still nice and sunny at the moment .HB Smile
ski holidays
Did you meet up with @japman, yet @huggiebear, ? Looks like you have a nice bit of snow forecast for the next 48 hrs...
snow report
stevo.....looks like this week was the week to offer the 40%/40cm challenge
latest report
Hi Fruity no not yet,its taken three days to get the internet to work.but japman if your out here still ill be the person in a snowheads t shirt in the iceberg bar next couple of nights,lets hope for that snow fall.HB
snow report
@stefoy4me, I didn't keep a close track in the end last time, but we weren't far off!

Did the Fogliettaz today and it was very awesome. Light powder top to bottom! Definitely proving the theory that it doesn't matter how deep the snow, as long as the stuff on top is good!

Looks like it won't be on again for a week or two now, was good to get it done.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, it's epic. Absolutely ridiculously, freakishly epic. Almost too deep! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
well back from ste foy late last night,the snow came for the last 2 days of our week it was a well needed fall but through the trees was fantastic properly some of the best snow I've ever skied.wish i could of stayed for the weekend,STEVOMCD did they open the other lifts over the weekend.looks like there could be a bit more snow later this week.think ill be back asap.HB Very Happy
snow conditions
Marquise opened on Saturday, was awesome! I think the Aiguille opened today, but I didn't go up, weather was bad and I'm feeling a bit broken (2 days racing SBX followed by a week of hard powder-riding!).
snow conditions
Hi stevomcd are you running chalet morion in ste foy,just a question do john and cat still own it. yer i was gutted driving away saturday morning.
snow conditions
@huggiebear, yes, we run Morion and it's still owned by Jon & Cat.
latest report
nice place stayed there a few times myself before you guys started to run it,is it run on a fully catered basis now as we used to do self-catering,only asking as were looking for some where to sleep 9 for two weeks christmas and new year 15/16
snow conditions
Anyone in St Foy, or there over half term? How are conditions?
snow conditions
I have to say it was pretty damn awesome today. Face shots on Crystal Dark!

@huggiebear, we run the chalet catered now.
latest report
@huggiebear, we stay self catered in Chalet Echalion booked through the tourist board, Sabot Du Venus sleeps 10. 4 bedrooms, two doubles, two with twin beds and beds in the lounge... Might be worth a look for Xmas, its a fab apartment. Spacious. Two bathrooms, split level apartment.
ski holidays
@stevomcd, how long does it take to drive down to Sainte Foy from the dam?
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, 15-20 mins depending on the state of the side road up to the resort.
latest report
Excellent </Mr> I'll see if I can get a day or so down there next week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy