Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transport of several pairs of skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
apologies in advance - I am sure this will have been asked before but i have used the search function and not been able to get the info i need.

We are buying skis for the first time this year and just looked at the T&C's of our booking and it states that only 1 pr of skis per bag up to an allowance of 15kg for the standard ski bag charge. we will also be taking a separate checked bag.

Is it common practice to put 2 pairs of skis into a bag and has anyone ever been pulled up at the airport about this - do they make you take out the extra skis? does this fall into an insurance issue if the bag goes missing with 2 pair of skis in it and the insurance company wont pay up as there should never have been 2 pairs in there in the first place?

It look like this ma only be an issue with eurpoean flights. i have looked at the BA t&c's and it does not appear to make the same demands of only 1 pr skis per bag.

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VERY common to stuff ski bags with as many pairs + clothes/etc as you can within the weight restrictions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always remove the bindings,this makes the bag look slimmer plus less chance of damaging the binding.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've used a double Sportube for years, never had a problem. Takes 2 pair of skis, poles, and assorted other stuff shoved in.

https://www.sportube.com/Series-2-Sportube-p/21bkswez.htm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done it (and i'm sure many others have...). You might struggle to get under the 15kgs tho'. :: I've just weighed my current skis = 7.9kg (skis/poles/bag).

The carrier will not reimburse you for 2 if you declare 1

A seperate holiday insurance company might
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't declare anything (don't need to), I just book a "Sports Bag".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MogulMonkey, I have a solution, PM me
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we have stuffed 2 pairs in the same bag along with clothes etc, think the biggest issue is to keep within the weight limit, isn't that the main question here?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've been travelling with two pairs of skis in one bag for about 10 years - never had a problem. best keep to weight limit though
Have never removed bindings - I see the point but you can only do it if you have quiver killers I guess? Otherwise screws are glued-in aren't they?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My bindings just click and slide in and out- you don't have to remove the *whole* lot from the ski...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We used to book two ski bags even though we have always only taken one bag with two pairs of skis/poles (nothing else) inside it. Several years ago, the check in people questioned why we had booked two bags - they just look at the weight. This was Jet2. Since then we always just book one bag as we know we are under 15kg for the two skis, two poles and one bag. We travel four or five times each year and never had any problems. Don't know about insurance as we insure them separately ourselves on our policy as specified items.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MogulMonkey, 2 Pairs of skis, 1 set of bindings (quiver killered), ski poles, av gear and loads of bulky stuff (fleeces/ jumpers/ 2 pairs ski gloves and trainers) packed around the skis, bindings wrapped in bubble wrap - packed with as much stuff as poss to within 0.1kg of allowance, with some heavy duty zip ties on it. And don't forget to photo it all just in worst case it goes walk abouts.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, bit difficult to share bindings between two of you though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy