Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Query re passport expiry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As an aside to this, I also now print my own passport photos using one of these free websites - http://www.idphoto4you.com/ or http://www.idphoto4you.com/. Both my daughter's and husband's passports have been renewed this year without any problem using these photos. Just make sure you use a good quality photo photo paper and printer and stick to the rules re. backgrounds, etc. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can travel within the EU up until the date of expiry of your passport if you are a British Citizen. If you are an EEA national (or Swiss) then you can use your national identity card in lieu of your passport to travel within the EU and to the UK.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurdy wrote:
You can travel within the EU up until the date of expiry of your passport if you are a British Citizen. If you are an EEA national (or Swiss) then you can use your national identity card in lieu of your passport to travel within the EU and to the UK.

But it's getting out of and back in to UK that will cause the customs and border control to get awkward. I always thought you needed 6 months on your passport for entry back to UK. Never understood why and could be an urban myth.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bones wrote:
As mentioned you get up to 9 months credited - SWMBO has just renewed hers - posted Friday returned the following Friday.

Might as well renew as you are going to need it sometime Madeye-Smiley

Both me and another relative had the same experience in the last few weeks. Sent off the application and 6 days later a passport landed on my doorstep, it even beat the old one back.

As others have said you should be able to travel from EU to EU without an issue right up to the date of expiry. When I went to La Plagne in March I only had 3-4 months left on mine. One thing worth checking is if the airline have a different rule, would be crap to get to the airport and find out that they have a set of requirements...although it really shouldn't be an issue.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@halfhand, apparently not a problem to come back into the UK on the day it expires. This comes from someone working at the Passport office. Off record they said it would probably be OK if it was recently expired too. They are not going to make you stateless just because your passport ran out, and they have other means of checking your identity. That passport still has information about you whatever the date on it.
My son actually travelled to and from France last year without a passport. We discussed the missing passport (which was at home in his room) with the Border control at Eurotunnel before we left, and they were very helpful. If the French authorities allowed him to enter France it wasn't the Uk border authorities problem until he tried to get back into the Uk, and no-one even checked the passports at the French border control. They also said we could just turn up and report the missing passport on our return at Eurotunnel. They gave him a form to complete and 10 minutes later we were on our way (or we would have been if there wasn't a train stuck in the tunnel).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells wrote:
My son actually travelled to and from France last year without a passport.

A few years ago my mum took the wrong passport and travelled to France and back showing my passport a 3 border controls, despite me being a different gender and 30 years younger. I actually posted her passport to where they were staying in France, but she still didn't actually need it to get back in.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

We discussed the missing passport (which was at home in his room) with the Border control at Eurotunnel before we left, and they were very helpful. If the French authorities allowed him to enter France it wasn't the Uk border authorities problem until he tried to get back into the Uk, and no-one even checked the passports at the French border control. They also said we could just turn up and report the missing passport on our return at Eurotunnel. They gave him a form to complete and 10 minutes later we were on our way (or we would have been if there wasn't a train stuck in the tunnel).

That all seems incredibly fair, reasonable and sensible. There is a God Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a friend who got all the way from Co. Durham to the south of France on the train and back without a passport. It's a hilarious story but I wouldn't recommend it!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy