Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap locations to buy skis from

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest locations/web sites to buy skis from?

I am looking around at different places to buy from and there is a very different price for most ski's/bindings depending on which site i am looking at. I have looked at the main UK sites and also sportconrad and glisshop - are there any others that are worth checking out?

also it seems that ladies blizzard skis are not sold by sportconrad or glisshop - are there any other discount places they are available from? if mrsMM wants a pair of blizzards then we will be held to ransome by the UK price structure. Mad

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bergzeit.co.uk is a similar option to SportConrad (based in Germany, ship to UK). Don't seem to sell blizzard skis though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A few Women's Blizzards on the Ekosport site but not hugely discounted (although check out this thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=114448 - for details of a possible discount code).

Or
http://www.r2g.de/navi.php?k=460&suche=&hf=1852&Sortierung=0&af=0
http://www.xspo.de/ski/ski-alpin/damen-ski?p=1&s=182
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the replies so far.. I should have been more specific on the skis its the black pearl or samba that i was looking for.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Ellis Brigham had older models of the BPs quiet cheaply. I quite often see good prices on the Italian and German Ebay sites as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Depending upon the size you need - last years's model at http://www.precisionski.fr/fr/skis-sans-fixations/5027-black-diamond-pearl-flat-ski-femme.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
German ebay is normally good, but you're buying at literally the worst time. From mid-March through June everything will be on massive discount; much later than that and popular sizes usually run out.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MogulMonkey, Edge and Wax sell Blizzard IIRC and might have a SHs discount, very good place to buy from snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used glisshop for two pairs on different occasions. Good price and good service.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
^ as above, I've just used Glisshop to buy my Blizzard Black Pearls with bindings. Cost £375 with free shipping. Great service and communication. Would use again!

However, four days after I ordered them, nearly all their Blizzards vanished off the site. Gotta get in quick it seems..

Maybe if you sit tight (or give them a call) they might have some more in stock soon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MogulMonkey, Ebay............... do your research.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HoneyBunny wrote:
However, four days after I ordered them, nearly all their Blizzards vanished off the site. Gotta get in quick it seems..

That could be because they are not authorised to sell Blizzard and they are in breach of sales terms and conditions! I know they do a great price, but please keep your pound in the UK, then you keep your local independent ski shops open. It is tough enough out there without these sites, which like to hide their true location, cutting margins because they don't need to offer the after sales or pre sales service!

Also please be aware we have test ordered from several of the overseas discounters and the setup of skis leaves a lot to be desired. When we sell Blizzards, or any ski for that matter, we QC inspect each pair which required removing the packaging(!) and we fully wax them, with an iron, and polish structure with a Zardoz Teflon finish. And they are shipped with in the UK using a 24 hour courier.

We had some new skis from another popular overseas shop yesterday to sort out. Yes they were new, but they certainly were not A grade skis, and had been sold as such. They were in fact B grade skis with p-tex repairs to the tips and tails, which means they are b grade skis often used as demo or rental skis. Stores shouldn't be selling these as perfect! Easy to knock 25% off when you are selling a QC B grade product...

If anything goes wrong, you call us and we sort it. Anything goes wrong with a ski bought from an overseas "shop" (some are just warehouses to reduce overheads) then you need to deal with that countries distributor - the UK distributor is NOT obliged to assist I am afraid, and even if they do there are on-costs for shipping the skis back to the correct location.

Just my 10 pence! And yes there is a snowheads discount code, AND we give 5% cashback through our customer rewards scheme Smile Trying not to sound bitter about this, each to their own, but I am sick of the UK skier being taken for a mug by some of these stores pretending to be in the UK when they clearly are not, and turning out to be more expensive when the bank statement comes through with the bank surcharge for currency conversion!

Fantastic skis too!

ScottyDog
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scottydog wrote:

That could be because they are not authorised to sell Blizzard and they are in breach of sales terms and conditions!

ScottyDog

If they are not authorised to sell them what breach of sales terms and conditions would they be compromising?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what about the fact that the UK industry just wont stock many of the skis out there, you only have 2 pairs of Blizzards on your site for instance!!, finding this years's SRC's in the UK was impossible.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
www.glisshop.co.uk
ski holidays
geeo wrote:
what about the fact that the UK industry just wont stock many of the skis out there, you only have 2 pairs of Blizzards on your site for instance!!, finding this years's SRC's in the UK was impossible.

Err, now, we carry 9 and they are on our site??!! We test EVERY ski we sell, and many, many more besides, and therefore can build a comprehensive ski range, without resorting to just stocking every ski from a brand blindly Very Happy If we sold every ski Blizzard did for example, we would have no room left for much else on our ski wall! If I just had a warehouse and didnt need to worry about staff training etc, then yes, I could 'stock' every ski wink

The SRC is a nice ski, but if we stocked it, we would probably sell 1, maybe 2 a season. It is for a very specific skier, as nice as it is! As a carver I liked it.

I don't know what terms and conditions are in place for a French seller, I do know that offering customers a potentially sub standard after sales service where you have to return the product overseas for inspection or claim, through no fault of the brand, is probably an issue though. Certainly is for customers. I am not saying that's what the case is here, just talking from personal experience of buying Mavic bicycle wheels once and having to ship them back across Europe to get a spoke replaced!

Each to their own though, and as I said, they are awesome skis, got a set of 2015 Brahmas myself.

ScottyDog
snow report
scottydog wrote:
please keep your pound in the UK, then you keep your local independent ski shops open

Why? I have no reason to be loyal to UK stores. I want the best price, and I will spend my money where I see fit. Why would I spend £500+ on a pair of skis with bindings in my local shop when I can have them for £375 online including free delivery?

In fact Snow and Rock and a few other stores price match internet deals - but I didn't want to take the chance and wait - which was a good decision.

Also, Glisshop don't pretend to be in the UK - yes it was a .co.uk address but I was fully aware they are based in France as the site tells you they are! I even called them and the French woman I spoke to (who spoke excellent English) was extremely helpful.

I saw a deal and went for it, and got a fabulous pair of skis. For the record they are BRAND new and 100% unmarked.

I've spent plenty of money at my local independent ski shop in the past 15-20 years, but this time I spotted a great deal from France and I'm chuffed to bits.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 6-12-14 7:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Glisshop are excellent, Ive had loads of skis from them! Delivery spot on, great price and great choice
latest report
I was very impressed, I'll definitely use them again. Having a .co.uk address means the prices are in pounds as well, so there's no Euro conversion to worry about.
snow report
Indeed - delivery is excellent - great tracking turns up exactly when its meant to and very quick considering
ski holidays
@MogulMonkey, the Blizzard Black Pearls are back on Glisshop!!

http://buy-ski.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/blizzard/black_pearl_axium_100_b93_black_white-71097.html

£423 with bindings, but they are doing a Christmas discount of £45 so they can be yours for £378.

Get in there quick! (Well, unless @scottydog, would like to price match Wink)
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny, are you on commission? Shocked
snow report
Nope, but he was asking where to buy these particular skis cheap and I've told him. I also thought their service was very good.

What's wrong with that? He won't find them cheaper brand new anywhere, I know because I looked for months.
snow conditions
I got very good service from these people, who came up trumps when I couldn't find, anywhere else, the Dynastars I was looking for: http://www.montagneshop.com/ski/skis-et-fixations.html
snow conditions
I have never seen or heard of this place until surfing the web looking at skis.

http://www.great-sport.com

Could it be a fake website? I only ask because, as an example, Volkl RTM 84 (last season) are only €259. The site claims to ship for €10 or so. That seems very cheap, almost too cheap to be true. But if it is a real shop, that seems good value.
snow conditions
@Dougie, The address of great-sport is the same as the Chinese International School in singapore................
snow report
Guess it might be fake then! Oh well, cheers @carroz,
latest report
The hunt is over ... Uk location with price match on soul 7's and sambas instead of black pearl's. Also purchased poles and bag. So money has stayed in uk market place and I saved a nice chunk of dosh. Seems like winners all round.
Laughing Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@MogulMonkey,Who??
ski holidays
I recently bought a pair of skis from EpicTV shop in Chamonix.

Great price, free delivery and fitted Quiver Killer inserts FOC.

Fantastic service
snow report
We get most of our skis from Edge and Wax and we live in Switzerland and yes, you can get cheap skis here, but prefer to stick with E&W
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:
scottydog wrote:
please keep your pound in the UK, then you keep your local independent ski shops open

Why? I have no reason to be loyal to UK stores. I want the best price, and I will spend my money where I see fit. Why would I spend £500+ on a pair of skis with bindings in my local shop when I can have them for £375 online including free delivery?

Why? Hopefully because people care about the country they live in, its businesses and its workers. I bought from Edge&Wax and was very happy. Incidentally, the skis I bought from them did not seem to be available anywhere else in the UK.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy