Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea snow 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
Press release this morning

"We communicate to all our customers that , the much anticipated disruption of these days did not bring snow, but unfortunately 48 hours of continuous rain , even at relatively high .

Therefore, should the conditions remain as such , can not be an opening of the district , even in part, for the date of December 6 .

And ' quite clear that , if from now until Thursday , snowfall should arrive in sufficient quantity and lower temperatures that allow us to produce artificial snow in order to integrate it with the natural one , we will do everything to make viable at least a limited number of runs.

We will keep you updated ."

http://www.vialattea.it/language/en-US/Press-Marketing/News

Bit damp.

Anyway, back to medium level panicking in a corner somewhere. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A due in Sestriere on the 11th but reckon Cervinia is a better bet now.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was thinking of Sauze on the 11th but it may be that the Aosta stations will be better... Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sad http://www.vialattea.it/Press-Marketing/News?NewsID=225
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like they are going to start snowmaking in a few days time, i'm assuming to correspond with the drop in temps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow is being made but still not much news about this weekend. Glad I've got a hire car!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can I get a lift? Very Happy

I suspect there'll be a limited opening of some sorts.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Decision being made Thursday, sounds like limited opening is most likely.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"And finally the post that we would have liked to write for a long time.....
Thank you for your patience.......

It is with great pleasure that ufficializziamo the beginning of the ski season in vialattea. Since saturday 13 will be possible to ski on areas of sestriere and sauze of oulx.
We are still working tirelessly to make available the largest number of leads in the best possible conditions ; to know The plants that will be opened up this weekend, there we postpone to a statement that will be issued in the late afternoon"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Here we go... We have done everything possible.
Some areas and leads, unfortunately, i am still not available, but if it keeps the cold in the last ten days We will give you the whole vialattea.
If then would be snowing from the sky would be much easier...
We are waiting!!!

Here's the programme of opening of the areas of sestriere and sauze of oulx.

Plants open on the area of sestriere will be:
Carpet jolly, carpet principles, sciovia baby, lift cit roc, lift garnel, sciovia sises, lift Trebials, lift new cloud, sciovia orsiera, sciovia motta and cable cars pattemouche. The lift cloud silver will come on in case of large turnout.
Will be open the biglietterie of kandahar, principles, borgata and pattemouche.

The price of ticket on the area will be of euro 28,00
It will be on sale at the ticket office of pattemouche also the skipass pragelato - chow down on the price of 23,00 Euro.

On the area of sauze of oulx plants will be open:
Lift prariond - sportinia ( for loading and unloading without skis on my feet ), Lift black rocks and sciovia bourget. The lift mollino - triplex will come on in case of large turnout.
Will be open the biglietterie of prariond and abc.

The price of ticket on the area will be of euro 20,00

At the moment the general conditions of snow are good, of course not optimal, considering the little snow natural fall And the only four days of time that we have had to produce snow programmed. In these four days of temperatures suited we produced more than 400.000 cubic metres of snow over everything The ski area.

We can as of now anticipate that after the weekend ridimensioneremo slightly the area sciabile of sestriere to afford To make the most of the leads in view of the upcoming holiday season. It will still continue to ski is on sestriere that on sauze.
In any case, if the weather will allow us to continue with the snow cover programmed, our Aim is to open the link sestriere - sauze of oulx the day 20 december and The vialattea the day 23 december.

We will keep you updated anyway on the evolution of the situation."
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well that was better than expected! Only a few runs open at Sauze from mid-station but the snow was in good condition on piste and they stayed that way the whole weekend. With not much snow forecast though, I'm not sure how long the good conditions will remain.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
from James at www.sauzeonline.com -
http://youtube.com/v/f-WCn8PzwmY
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sestriere isn't doing to bad, no links to the rest of the Via Lattea yet. Some reasonable snow yesterday helped. But the Sestriere area is largely open.

Masses of ski schools active first couple of days scraping the runs down to ice.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looked good on the cams today, although obviously no fresh falls. Booked for Sestriere four weeks tomorrow. Not worried. Any other Snowheads in the area then?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're in Claviere 25th Jan, likewise not worried yet, hoping for similar conditions to last winter
snow report
Last couple of days have been very warm. Temps of 5c at the Alpette cafe, lots of freeze thaw conditions and the lower runs (and upper where wind scoured) getting thin and rocky.

The on site chatter from instructors was that without snow soon the resort may well close. At the very least it needs to be cold so the cannons can work, but that's far from ideal. The next week doesn't look like it'll deliver what's needed but who knows.

Anyway, had some great skiing this week. Would have like the links to be opened to Sauze (the cable car operated yesterday for the first time, but no skiing back it was return by the same cable car)
snow conditions
Heading out there 11th Jan so quite worried as the weather states sunshine for the next week or so. Weather reports are now showing high chance of 8cm+ for 28th-30th, as well as over 20cm falling at the start of January. As long as the snow keeps falling from them days, we'll be fine.
snow report
@Kav, Welcome to Snowheads Smile
snow report
@sequoiaboard thanks, thought I had to get involved to help my craving for skiing. I'm just too excited
latest report
Off on 11th too. Fingers crossed!
snow conditions
Anyone know what happens if there's no snow? Do we just chill or are there transfers available to nearby resorts? Through Crystal btw. Preparing for worst case scenario and would be very disappointed if there was none in January.
latest report
Not sure Kav, but I'd be interested to know if you get an answer for that?
snow report
Crystal are fast to respond on their Twitter feed, send them a tweat. I would think that their obligation would be to find you some snow but any financial compensation would have to come from your holiday insurance
ski holidays
I wonder what resort you would want to be transferred to, and why?
Via Lattea area has about the best conditions in the wide region.

In France only Val Thorens has good conditions. Purely due to height, 2300; next-lower resort Les Menuires (1800) is already barren and mostly closed. Nearby Serre-Chevalier have 70% of the upper slopes open (and some valley descends). Only resort that has better conditions is Isola 2000 further to the south; they have 100% open.
snow report
I go on the 11th and I am certain we will have a decent dump before then......... snowHead
snow conditions
Yeah, thinking about it more, I honestly can't see us not getting at least 50cm by then. 15cm expected on the 28th, and with the excellent snow making machines in Sestriere and Sauze, it should be good enough. So excited Smile
snow report
Off to Montgenevre on the 28th. Looks like it'll be walk in walk out not ski in ski out. Bit nervous.
snow conditions
@Kav, Yep. It'll be fine Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looks like a dump on 27th and very cold next week so should be fine in Monty
ski holidays
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B53umkpIAAA5yuM.jpg:large

Not my picture, but a dump today with more expected throughout the afternoon and evening. Very Happy
snow report
Brilliant, out there next weekend, looking better now! Thanks for the pic.
snow conditions
@twntwn Welcome to SnowHeads! It talks of sun all week, so let's hope there's more snow for next week. Talks of some from the 5th onwards. With the snow making machines, I doubt you'll have any problems, although off-piste is doubtful. Have fun! Very Happy
snow report
Thanks Kav.
snow report
How are the transfers from turin looking? Carnage elsewhere so fingers crossed for tomorrow morning?
ski holidays
can anyone update the current conditions from Sestriere and Milky Way in general. Thinking of doing a last minute trip next weekend (03 jan)
snow report
@jirac18, obsessively checking the webcams and forecasts etc........ looking good. Very Happy Can't give true eyeball reports as I'm in Somerset but from what I've gleaned from various online sources, next w/e onwards will be fine. We'll be in Sestriere on the 18th. If you do go for it. any reports would be appreciated.
latest report
Reports say consistent snow after the 5th. According to most forecasts, this will last a good week or two with even metres possible.
snow report
Bump. Any reports from resort?
snow conditions
Same as @johnboy. Weather forecasts have let me down on me seeing any powder, talks of sun for another week or so. I try to keep my mind off it, but it's just too much! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
^ Likewise, off to Sestriere in two and a bit weeks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy