Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See ... normally good snow in Jan?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the process of trying to find somewhere to go for a week (10th of Jan). I don't normally go skiing this early in January and just want to make sure the place I pick has decent snow by then. I really fancy Zell am See having been there later in the season a couple of years ago. Should I be ok snow wise by the 10th of Jan? Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Millie10, Going somewhere new this January but been to ZamS in January for the last 9 years. 7 years were good to fabulous, 2 weren't. 2007 wasn't great but ok. 2014 was a shocker on arrival and on departure but ok in the middle. Never not been able to ski, except back to the village. As long as it not being a winter wonderland down at lake level won't spoil it for you then go for it. it will also be quiet that week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Robboj. Just worried about booking it and then having no snow! lol I
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Millie you can ski bus to the kitzsteinhorn glacier past kaprun you'll alway be able to ski... 15 mins on a ski bus?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the reply Levi215. Instead of skiing this time I'm actually having a week on a snowboard and want to book a week of lessons so they will all be based in Zell.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah, we were there last Jan 2nd - 9th skied every piste but several south facing ones were very heavy and slushy. Should be fine at the top of Zell plenty of moden snow cannons not sure where the learner stuff is though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to those who replied Smile Just booked a week going on the 17th of Jan
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Millie10, Great, another week onwards always helps! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
was there at same time this year and although no snow at resort level which was weird the snow was generally okay although softened a lot due to the warm weather. Some brown patches lower down and then skied waist deep powder on piste on the last day in Kaprun when it snowed really heavily non stop for 24 hours
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy