Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

has anybody skied Line sick day 95 and the Blizzard Brahma?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I realise these are a tad different but I am looking on an all mountain ski- normally Ski France in March so can be powder if lucky but 80% time spent fast cruising on groomers. Like a versatile ski with a lot of pop and life that snaps through the turns fast edge to edge.

I am 210lb, 5' 8" and have 8 full seasons in Austria in my past, albeit the last one being 17 years ago. Blew my knee in 2006 so like a slightly more forgiving ride to be honest.

Has anyone skied both? I get the feeling that the Brahma at 88, but rammed with metal, will be the stiffer and harder work - I would look at the Bushwhacker as I like a poppy ski but at my weight i may well find it too little at speed

That being said if anyone has run it- throw in an opinion.

The Sick Day 95 does seem to get strong reviews for being great on piste but really would be handy to get some views from people who have skied both

BTW of course I should test both but young kids and a long hours job make that really difficult

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tried the sick day 110 and brahmas last month

The snow was heavy and the sick days were hard work off piste as no rocker but because of that they can charge and do like to go fast, on piste they were very good considering 110 so I have no doubt the 95's will rail pretty well they felt pretty stiff but I did have the longest pair I could ski 180 something cant remember, basically a good all round ski with a slight piste bias.
Brahmas were nice, blizzard make such smooth skiing skis I am a bit biased towards them I do like all I tried from blizzard, they were also great considering I tried them straight after their slalom skis so was expecting a lot, off piste they weren't bad either i don't remember them chucking me off.

Not really a fair comparison between the 110 and 88 so not much help really Laughing

Tough choice but doubt either ski would disappoint, for me it would be the blizzard as they were great on piste and at least the flip core seems like some kind of new tech rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only skied the Brahma I'm afraid but I think it's a relatively easy ski for a good skier to ski all mountain. I'm smaller height wise and definitely lighter weight wise (& female), but have ordered a pair of 180s for this season!! Yes they are beefy thanks to the metal but are easy to manoeuvre and ski short due to the rocker. They are smooth and playful with awesome on piste performance and grip. I tested them on and off piste and skied soft bumps on them. The only condition I found them a bit of a handful in was springtime frozen crud but nothing would have been particularly nice to ski on. I don't know what they are like in deep snow but have been reliably informed that they float well. I tried the 173 Bushwacker (not the 180 version) and I thought it was a bit soft for me for the on piste performance I was looking for with an all terrain ski. I think the Bushwacker would be a good option for soft snow and bumps too but skis are such a personal thing...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At the recent ski test day in Glasgow the Brahmas were one of my favourites. I'm slightly taller than you and slightly lighter and I found them to be pretty lively but easy to drive. I think they've got the right amount of metal and I really don't think you'd find them too stiff. Beautiful top sheets too. For your mix of on/ off piste they'd be really good, only thing better might be the Head Titans. From the Head website you get the impression that these are really heavy speed machines, but even at slow speeds in a fridge they were totally smooth and easy to turn. Price is the only thing wrong with them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@thegunners, at your weight you'll fold a Bushwacker in half! I'm 5'9"/172lbs & ski the 180cm Brahma. It's superb on piste & forgiving enough for forays off but I use them as a hard snow ski & switch to my WD Rangers for soft snow/pow/touring etc. You'd definitely want the extra stiffness of the 187cm Brahma but with it's rockered tip it skis waaay shorter on firm snow.

BTW, I sell Blizzards wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks all- I plumped for the Sick Day 95 - think I will love their playful nature but thanks to all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy