Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 MissBehaved - Any good... For a bloke?

Poster: A snowHead
I have been gifted a pair of the above skis in 160cm length I think 2011/12 season.

I am 5ft 6 man 85kg expert skier. Normally I would hire piste orientated skis as my background is in racing, but be quite happy using a piste orientated ski off piste. To be honest I have never used a fatter ski, as I can ski off piste just fine on narrower skis.

1. There is limited info on the web about these skis, but I am am getting the impression they are off piste skis (which is good) is this true?

2. Weighing 85kg will these be too soft for me ?

3. On piste will I find these skis tedious?

4. Being fat skis will off piste crud/poor conditions be transformed?

Should I just sell them and keep hiring the type of skis I like ?

Ta
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@FunkyDunc, no expert, but I think they are too short for your height/weight combination, if you are an expert skier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
too shorts as they are twin tips, they are not off piste more all mountain but 160 will feel real small
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Should I just sell them and keep hiring the type of skis I like ?

That thing. You're far too heavy for them - consider how fat a 5'6" bird would have to be to weigh 85kg. That's well over 20kg more than I weigh at the same height. Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 15 year old son skied on the MissDemeanors for a couple of seasons, but he weighed around 55kg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They come up to eye height on me. Should twin tips be much longer? Off piste in the steep I cant imagine it would matter, they have that much surface area on them, I cant see nose diving being a problem.

From googling I have read that these skis are the same as one of K2's non womens specific Kung Fuja's which get great off piste reviews, but I can be convinced otherwise. I am surprised they are not off piste skis too, they are that fat I wouldnt want to use them any where near a piste for too long!

It wouldn't be my intention to ski on piste with them, just to use off piste if the conditions were good, and just hire skis if conditions are not favourable for heading off piste
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Should twin tips be much longer? Off piste in the steep I cant imagine it would matter, they have that much surface area on them

Yes twin tips should be longer as the tail isn't there doing anything, an expert probably wouldn't even ski 160 slalom skis on piste
Surface area is only a small part of how a ski skis, length brings stability and they are not very stiff skis to start with so your going to really feel how short they are, especially off piste, and more so the better skier you are
but hey as you have them why not just try them and see
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

consider how fat a 5'6" bird would have to be to weigh 85kg. That's well over 20kg more than I weigh at the same height.

Post of the month Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . Nice one @Lizzard, Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FunkyDunk,

You'll massively overpower them if you are an expert skier. Set them at high edge angles and they'll be far to floppy. I would say that an off-piste ski, even more so a twin tip, should be at least head height for you. You are quite solidly built. I also would have though that you should be going for something pretty stiff - think Volk Mantras or similar.

In general, I'd say weight is more important than height. I'm 78kg and 5'9 and I'd be looking at 175-180 in quite a stiff ski. And if I wasn't going to be touring, I might go longer than that. Don't know how our skiing standards compare but I'm guessing similar.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@halfhand, +1 that made me PMSL, but is a bit harsh to be fair!! We should have a post of the month thread Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

is a bit harsh

No it isn't, that's over 13 stone. You'd be spherical.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jedster - Thanks for the reasoned response.

Lizzard - Can I just confirm you are an back bottom NehNeh

Many women are 13 stone, pluse and not even 5ft 7 ok they are not a petite size 8, but not massive either. I think quite a few of the female world cup racers would have some thing to say to you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can't imagine many world cup racers are either a) posting on here or b) skiing MissBehaveds. If an ordinary 5'6" female weighed 85 kg she'd be obese. I know it's becoming normal in the UK to be a porker, but that's just ridiculous.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Can I just confirm you are an back bottom

Laughing
Yes, some top athletes are very muscled and therefore heavy for their "size". However, most ordinary 85kg 5'6" women could kindly be described as rather overweight. Less kindly, verging on obese.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@FunkyDunc, Go for it, but let me know where you will be using them; I`m always up for a laugh Twisted Evil
latest report
My daughter had 155cm Dynastar She's Troubles which are a similar women's twin tip ski. However they were pretty soft and were holding her back (she's a very good skier) at 16 and about 7 stone. Had to change them for something else before she did her BASI 1. Can't imagine they'd be any good at all with almost twice that weight on them.
snow conditions
You could upgrade to some Hello Kittys...

snowHead
latest report
Quote:

I think quite a few of the female world cup racers would have some thing to say to you.

I'd be amazed if any female WC racer weighed 85kg!

85kg is 187lbs which was more than the heaviest woman in the US Olympic rowing team last year! And rowers will tend to be much bigger than skiers.

"A review of the 2013 U.S. Senior National Team shows that the female open rowers range between 5 feet 4 inches to 6 feet 3 inches, with weight between 110 and 185 pounds"

I'd have thought the only women who are athletic at that weight would be powerlifters, shot putters, etc.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Can I just confirm you are an back bottom

Laughing
Yes, some top athletes are very muscled and therefore heavy for their "size". However, most ordinary 85kg 5'6" women could kindly be described as rather overweight. Less kindly, verging on obese.

Why? At a BMI of over 30, this theoretical woman IS obese.
latest report
@Rishie, I was being polite. People are extraordinarily resistant to the idea that they might be obese. They go on about muscles a lot. wink
snow report
pam w wrote:
@Rishie, I was being polite. People are extraordinarily resistant to the idea that they might be obese. They go on about muscles a lot. wink

Sadly, this is true.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy