Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

so what made you giggle?

Poster: A snowHead
@gary, there is a similar story somewhere on Snowheads about a lady who did the same thing, except ladies do it differently . . . and she got a very cold back bottom!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS anyone who watches me try to ski is also welcome to a very good giggle!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
April '11, boilerplate conditions in Chamonix

http://youtube.com/v/J-Ak-NcZrTU
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Zero_G, Laughing I almost did similar on the run down in Schladming after the WC night slalom. I tried to turn on my fat skis and just went sideways for quite some metreage, the snow stays pretty hard for weeks after they prep it.

This guy would have made me giggle... (a bit of swearing in this clip),

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2014/09/watch-guy-on-saucer-takes-out-half-the-bar-deck
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many years ago ( 25+) at the end of a holiday in Breckenridge the wife and I decided to try Snowboarding for an hour or so before we left to go home. Got on the 4 man chair at the bottom and carefully each sat on the edge so that if we fell we could get away form the chair quickly. We informed the two young girls that were in the middle seats that we had never been on a snowboard before. So at the end we got off and slid gently to a halt while the two two skiers got there skis tangled and stopped the whole lift...... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/6-6pQwo_9r4

I don't think they come much better than this!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Charliee You should have put a warning on that one i.e. don't watch in work unless you are very good at stifling giggles!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always wondered how he got into that position in the first place. Maybe the rope brushes the ground at the boarding point?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/lgp8b_urBLM&feature=youtu.be

LOL. That's going to look even better on the new surfboards. LOL
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Came back from a ski season and hooked up with my old university ski team in austria, spent all night bragging about how I had learned to ski powder well and had these badass powder skis with a special swallow tail that makes them drift better..... first run with about 20 of last night's audience watching, straddled a branch, fell over backwards, got stuck and spent 3 minutes (felt like an hour) trying to get the right way up again.....

Ski up to friend "hey matt, how is that swallow tail working for you?..... on your head" Embarassed

Other than that I was an instructor for about 7 seasons, I have nearly wet myself laughing every week of every season! NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My (then 10) son this year, first time on a mountain on a snowboard. Going great down a red, caught a toe edge, face planted and span all the way down the rest of it on his face.
He was on a lesson, as was I but just happened to be behind him about to do the same run, went steaming down to him to check he was ok. He was still lying on the snow, face down laughing so hard he peed himself.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Came here to expect this:
which turned in to this:
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OMG@Disaster, how in hell did that happen, not sure which is worse falling froma lift, or falling from a lift and bottoming out.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was in courchevel in april on the biollay lift and watched a couple of teens try to ski across a frozen pond.
The first one made it but must have cracked the ice as his mate subsequently got half way and sank up to the waist in ice water.
he managed to get out but then had to wade back in for his skis i did find this rather funny. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@capstone, forest gump , stupid is as stupid does comes to mind,
ski holidays
@Disaster, Laughing

@ricfrench, Shocked Laughing

@dulcamara, snowHead Laughing
snow report
dsoutar wrote:
Oh - too many to recount here but I'll put up a couple

First one was a long poma in the 3V; IIRC it was one of the links from the Courchevel valley to Meribel valley (it was a long time ago) and a young french child was on the tow in front of me. Unfortunately the telescopic part of the drag wasn't working and as the ground droppd away it failed to extend and he was left dangling in the air, slowly spinning and screaming, for probably a hundred meters or more. Goodness knows how he didn't fall off. However when he came down (or the ground came up) he landed facing the wrong diirection. Cue more screaming. This repeated itself several times until we got to the top by which time I was virtually doubled over with laughter.

I'm going to apologise now, I know this clip has been seen a million and one times but the comment above instantly popped this into my head. Never fails to crack me up! Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/nGTn6jCo788

Edit....someones already posted it! Sorry! Embarassed
snow report
this made me giggle, mostly because of the way his skis keep trying (and succeeding) in getting away from him.

http://youtube.com/v/CYKRoWW7qeU[/img]
ski holidays
Approaching the top of the chairlift in La Joue du Loup, I warned my daughter (Her first time on a chairlift) that she needed to wiggle her bum a little closer to the edge of the seat so when we reached the top she could just easily slide off .... we lifted bar, I looked to the right, then back just to see her disappear and perform a perfect star jump into the approach mound ..... She was OK but the top lift attendant couldn't stop laughing as he helped us retrieve her

My 8 year old (at the time) son had long admired the skidoos and desperately wanted to have a go on one ..... a few years ago on Christmas Day, he had fallen repeatedly on his knees, he was cold and tired and it was the end of the day. The safety guys were chivvying us off the slopes and suddenly found an opportunity to get 250 euros when they came across my son tearful and rubbing his knees ... straight onto radio and calling for support, my son realised that if he cried more and rubbed his knees more vigorously he would get his skiddoo ride ... they realised the more he cried, the more he rubbed, the more they could ignore his cruel father trying to insist that he was OK (and get their 250 euros) ... the deal was struck .... and then the UNmotorised stretcher appeared, my son started to recover but it was too late, they bundled him into to the cocoon backwards, I became emotional and cried with laughter at his expression which drew curious looks from the safety guys, as they proceeded to scoot downhill with my son facing backwards .... missing out on his skidoo ride
latest report
I had taken my 2 children for their first skiing holiday in Soldeu, Andorra & on the last day of our week there my children had done quite well, my daughter (11) had been first in her ski school slalom race, & my son (9) had come second in his class even though he said "no one told me it was a race". So I took them off to ski on a slightly harder short run. Unfortunately I had not realised the time was so late & we were unable to get back up to the main station as the button lift was closed. This resulted in us having to ski all the way down the mountain. My daughter was ok with this, but it was a bit too much for my son in places & I ended up snowploughing with him tucked in behind me holding on to me through the more difficult bits. My daughter was skiing ahead & fell over. A group of concerned people started to gather around her lying there as she cried a bit because she had hurt her bottom. The people gathered around her were urging me to get the emergency guys to stretcher her down the mountain. I didn't want to have them arrive just to see her jump up smiling & say "I'm fine!", & I didn't want to be seen as a heartless father saying "get up you baby, there's nothing wrong with you" only to later find she had a broken bone or some such thing. Suddenly I had an inspirational idea & I said loudly to her "Do you want daddy to kiss it better?" She was up like a shot with a very indignant & shocked "No way!" a shot off down the mountain under her own steam. Problem solved.
ski holidays
From Serbia, 2007 ish, we were all doing a last day jump. In retrospect, quite serious, as he was really very dazed afterwards, but very luckily, he was fine afterwards.

We've learned from that, and not surprisingly all our group wear helmets now .....

http://youtube.com/v/uBnBB0J9hkM
snow conditions
I remember going up the old, now defunct, white lady T-bar with my mate. We were messing about on it, digging in our edges and turning in unison, snaking our way up the lift track. We must have dug in too deep and caused too much resistance against tow. The wooden bar of the T snapped at one of the steepest sections and as we looked at each other, then back to the bar behind us, we started speeding in reverse towards the couple following up on the bar behind us. I was piste side and remember throwing myself onto the tips of the snow fence rather than run backwards into them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy