Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don’t buy Lib Tech, GNU or Quicksilver!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my name is Marcos Fernández de Moya, I live in Madrid and I have been snowboarding since 1993. I have a mountain snowboarding blog (www.mountainsnowboarder.blogspot.com) where you can see a significant part of the experience I have accumulated throughout time. I’ve had 10 snowboards in all these years: a Hooger Booger, a Rad Air, a Black Flies, six Burtons and, finally, a Lib Tech Skate Banana. I bought this last one in February 2013 from “44 Board Shop” (44 Hilarión Eslava Street, Madrid). This summer (2014), having used my snowboard for about 10 to 15 days, I realized that it was delaminating. It didn’t look good; the edge was separating from the body of the board, allowing the entry of water. On closer inspection, I realized that the edge had a scratch from a micro-impact that had probably caused the damage. I say ‘micro-impact’ because you had to look very carefully indeed to notice it and because it must have been so slight that I didn’t even notice the impact at the time. Furthermore, my snowboard is always transported in a very good boardbag with padding that protects it very well. So, as the board had a year’s warranty, I took it back to the shop. From the very beginning they told me that my board had been damaged by an impact and that the warranty didn’t cover such damage. As I found this answer absolutely unacceptable, I asked them to send the board to the dealer, who basically said the same thing. This was clearly not a case of a board being damaged in the normal sense. We are talking about 15 days at the most of normal use. Despite this, the shop simply gave me my damaged snowboard back without any type of compensation. They didn’t offer me a free repair, a discount or anything. I therefore decided to write this, so that as many people as possible know what happened and will hopefully think twice before buying Lib Tech, GNU or Quicksilver products. (It seems the same company distribute these brands.) I, of course, would definitely not recommend them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey

I'm a Mervin dealer (lib, gnu and Roxy) and I would have to say, if the damage was caused from impact it would not be covered, if it was a manufacturing defect that caused it, they would of replaced it no questions asked, this would be the same for any snowboard brand in fact any other item that has a warranty against manufactures defects.

If the edge is separating, this would of more that likely happened by hitting a rock and denting the edge. It would of had to had a huge smack to have happened while in transit

Yes the shop could of handled it alot better and I would have offered a free repair if it had been purchased in my shop if the customer had come in pleasant and not shouting about it

If you could put some pictures to show the damage to the edge that would be great, if there is no damage to the edge I suggest you contact mervin directly

If you have a couple of g clamps, fixing de-lamination isnt very hard if the core is dry
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
james_c wrote:
Hey

I'm a Mervin dealer (lib, gnu and Roxy) and I would have to say, if the damage was caused from impact it would not be covered, if it was a manufacturing defect that caused it, they would of replaced it no questions asked, this would be the same for any snowboard brand in fact any other item that has a warranty against manufactures defects.

If the edge is separating, this would of more that likely happened by hitting a rock and denting the edge. It would of had to had a huge smack to have happened while in transit

Yes the shop could of handled it alot better and I would have offered a free repair if it had been purchased in my shop if the customer had come in pleasant and not shouting about it

If you could put some pictures to show the damage to the edge that would be great, if there is no damage to the edge I suggest you contact mervin directly

If you have a couple of g clamps, fixing de-lamination isnt very hard if the core is dry

The guy is a troll / promoting his own blog.

I'm surprised the mods have allowed him on here TBH
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
trainee snowboard jedi if your refering to me, not the original poster, I have nothing to do with them or there blog, I am just trying to back up a brand we have supported for the last few years, I come on here to have a browse mainly on the snow reports and occasionally the piste and snowboard topics, not promote my shop/ business
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
james_c, I meant the OP, sorry if there is any confusion. You were very gracious in your response

Marcos just joined and then set up 2 posts in the snowboarding section purely slagging off 3 brands and a shop. We all have some gripes but this seems a bit OTT for initial posts
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree.

Slagging a *manufacturer* off because of some tiff in a Spanish shop is hardly going to help anyone. Sort it out with the retailer before you get into deep water.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If when u bend over the sun shines out your back bottom we may believe you , but since it doesn't

STOP TROLLING
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy