Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10 Peaks Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have these ? Sportpursuit have them at the moment with 40% off. They seem quite tempting but wondered if there was any first hand experience ? ('scuse the bad pun)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a pair of the Mount Allen. They've turned out to be far better than I expected. Early on I was concerned about the C-Zip allowing cold in, both from the end of the zip and through contact with the zip-pull itself, but in reality, that doesn't happen. The zipped opening is incredibly useful, especially with faffing about with zips on kids, or a camera or other gadgets. That you don't have to take the gloves off to do pretty much anything is a real bonus.

I have a pair of Hestra which I use when I'm in more extreme conditions, but for 'every day' skiing, I've started using the 10-Peaks glove all the time. Those who ski with me when I'm using them soon ask about them.

The zipped opening also helps with drying them over night.

I did a review of them when I first got them, but any fears I expressed in the review were completely unfounded, as I described above

http://www.powpowpow.org/10-peaks-a-new-concept-for-gloves/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had my Sportpursuit email come through this morning and they are on there again at 44% OFF anyone else have any experience of them?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I brought a pair in the last sale and used them in Tignes at the start of Jan. The whole concept of the C-Zip I thought work very well... No air ingress through the zip, and easy to operate, also the general quality seems good. For me, as a smoker they were very handy and if you often take your gloves off during the day, I think you will love them.

Temperature wise it averaged 0 to -15 on the slopes whilst I was there and my hands were never cold, but I'm a warm blooded type of guy. I even used the zip to cool my hands down on occasion.

The only problem I have with them is the leather palm. I've always used Gor tex type gloves in the past and found that the leather palms get wetter quicker (but then I am a snowboarder so pushing myself up off the snow often).

Still overall I'm very happy with them
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dodge, Thank you for this report it is very helpful Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They look really interesting: building on the leather palms point, what kind of waterproof are we talking...? Dry if it rains, or just digging out a ski every now and then?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been looking around ALL day haven't found any BAD reviews anywhere, but I did find this review which talks about waterproofness http://blog.themountaindepartment.com/10-peaks-ski-snowboard-gloves-review/ hell you know what at that price I am just going to go and buy a pair Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Deeppowder, I have the Mount Temple - another vote of confidence from me. They're great gloves and like you said, at 44% off, it's a no brainer. Don't even think about it - just get them! Smile For me, they were always waterproof and worm, and their practicality is off the scale.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowglider, Yeah have jumped in and got myself some Mount Little's they look awesome hope. I have them by the second week of March so I can them in time for my trip to Val d'Isere
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Deeppowder, same here! Like the look of those and at that price can't really go fR wrong.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swishtony, Just love the idea of being able to get to my phone or do anything with my hands without taking my gloves off and risk losing gloves. Its an amazing concept. Wish I had thought of it!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can win a pair on nidski.com at the mo. http://www.nidski.com/article/competition_time_win_a_pair_of_gloves_from_10peaks Worth a try!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi everyone please find attached a discount code I have just been sent http://mailchi.mp/Ofd11da68d50/10peaks-ski-gloves-competition-30-discount-code?e=[UNIQID]
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Deeppowder wrote:
Hi everyone please find attached a discount code I have just been sent http://mailchi.mp/Ofd11da68d50/10peaks-ski-gloves-competition-30-discount-code?e=[UNIQID]

Bugg*r. Gone already. They sound great gloves.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy