Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2014/2015 (Closing Day 2nd May)

Poster: A snowHead
If you leave it in the bottle your ski gear shouldn't smell of it.

Perhaps as an alternative, maybe freeze it before you put it in the hand luggage...then it's no longer a liquid???

Have you considered packing Robinsons 'Squashed'?

Should I see if Tesco deliver this far out?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forecast is looking good for the this weekend!

Hopefully it'll be nice and snowy the following weekend too snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks to be hoofing it down this afternoon! Great stuff. Hopefully a bit more to come in the week as well.

*excite*
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes yes it is snowing lots and lots right now Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you here yet HoneyBunny?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Woo-hoo! No, not yet.

We arrive next Sunday, but I'm into full-on snow watch mode now snowHead snowHead

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2657497#2657497
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Conditions perfect. Fresh snow, - 10 degrees, bright sunshine, great apres Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ischgl was awesome on Saturday.

Lots of new snow, high north-facing trees with a decent - and smooth/unskied - base.

Barely any other fat skis to be seen, so we had the trees to ourselves almost all day.

Good, good times!

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice photo!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well. I don't want to jump the gun too much but it looks like we could be in for a VERY snowy week next week!!

Cannot WAIT to get on my Black Pearls snowHead snowHead snowHead

If that storm happens.... oh boy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flat this morning, bright sunshine now but cold:-)
Local forecast states 'deeply wintry weather conditions' coming.
Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The forecast looks like it's going to be a fairly epic storm. Reminiscent of '99, Old Chap. Helicoptering them out, they were.. Was in Meribel myself..

I may jest, but this season has progressed very much as 98/99 did. The early Feb snowstorm was huge and hit the whole of The Alps. Ischgl was cut off, horrible avalanche fatalities in many resorts, avalanche danger 5/5 everywhere. In Meribel there was nothing open above mid-station and you wouldn't have wanted to go there anyway given the conditions. As cold as I've ever known it. -35 one day. Stay safe, everyone. And fingers crossed for transfer day.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I arrived in 99, a few days after the Galtur avalanche. The village was almost deserted early in the week. Two things stand out: the number of car transporters recovering cars of people who had been helicoptered out and the number of people in the Trofana Alm on our first night there. I don't know how many it holds but I guess in the region of a 1000 and its always packed. There were 25 of us including the DJ.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Corky, amazing story. At least you could get to the bar wink

@clarky999, where were you doing laps in the trees?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Above Paznauner Thaya?
snow conditions
@hedley, @nozawaonsen, yep Paznauner Thaya and Bodenalp.

Skiers left of the Bodenalp lift has some really great skiing, and it's perfect for hot laps. Most of it is pretty safe, but there are couple of cliffy bits, a river, one big gulley that would be a death trap if it slid (we stayed the hell away!), and one larger cliff (10m?) cliff (that my mate nearly skied off, but saw at the last second) to watch out for. You can just keep pushing further left every lap, dropping back onto the piste at the bottom.

I screwed up my GoPro angles and filmed my feet pretty much all day, but my mate got some good footage again:

Birthday POWDAY! from Sqikunst
https://vimeo.com/117167333
latest report
^ wow, looks fabulous. If only I could ski like that. My video would be just be me floundering around and falling over Embarassed

Oh, and I LOVE Blade Runner.
snow report
@clarky999, spent forever trying to retrieve one of my skis in deep snow in a gully above Bodenalp a while back. Not one of my best route finding choices...
latest report
@clarky999 "I screwed up my GoPro angles and filmed my feet pretty much all day, but my mate got some good footage again.."

So your mate was filming the same thing?
snow report
@Lenny Law, haha yeah, but he was also using a chest mount all day so could at least mix it up.
snow report
Snowy day today.
snow conditions
@clarky999,

Love the vid.

How is that back mounted go pro done? Cool
latest report
Piz val gronda showing -50 today! Idalp was-17 this morning at 0845.
Going to get snowy later Happy
snow report
Clearly some punched in a wrong number......now Piz val gronda is -15. This is likely to be more correct.
ski holidays
@clarky999, Nice - as @hedley, said - how does that rear mount work?
snow report
@hedley, @AsterixTG, it's one of these: http://www.sailvideosystem.com/p/3rdpersonview-skateski-black-166675

I won it in a Facebook competition! Basically a belt with a pole coming out of it. Folds down and fits in a backpack easily, and you can set the pole to multiple angles. I'm actually pretty impressed - doesn't feel weird to ski with, footage comes out much more stable than expected (thought we'd need a gimbal), and the pole clicks in/out of the belt really easily so not too much of a faff on lifts.

We put it away before the snow really started to accumulate and we headed to tighter trees, but even when you're really milking the available snow it gets some pretty cool angles:

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 14.04.04 by clarkleberryfinn, on Flickr

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 26-01-15 16:56; edited 2 times in total
latest report
I like that a lot - thanks for the reply mate.

Not something I'd use often, but as you have to great effect, good for getting that odd shot that adds something to and edit.
ski holidays
@AsterixTG, no worries! I think it'll be great for showing really deep days in way that head cams can't, and much less intrusive than holding a pole out in front or having a pole whirling around on top of your helmet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mum and dad are there now, first text of the day reported -14, blue skies and great snow.
snow conditions
Dynamite this morning! Very Happy
ski holidays
Looks like it's been snowing all day so far snowHead snowHead but why does St. Anton always get more snow Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
@2planks, St Anton gets more from the North because it is more North, Ischgl gets more than SA from the south (though not as much as the real southern resorts, obv). Generally it seems to me that Ischgl gets less than others from most systems, but gets snow from systems from more directions.
snow report
.and Ischgl had much more snow than SA at the start of the season too.
snow report
Added bonus.It doesn't get tracked out as quick either Very Happy
snow conditions
Light snow with strong winds all day yesterday, few bombs going off this morning about 5-10cm fresh in the village, missed out on the big dump Central austria is getting but on the bright side the freeride bar now has dancing girls too.. NehNeh
ski holidays
@2planks,

You can go in for a quiet game of 'hammer and nail'. The loser has to get on the bar and dance with the girls.

It makes it a bit more interesting wink

Keep the reports coming:)
snow conditions
Always something interesting going on here wink
ski holidays
Very light snow till about 3pm, don't know how much new snow maybe 5cm.

Pistes still in excellent condition occasional hard snow and a few icy spots on the village run which is reasonably easy still.

Blue sky's from now on snowHead
snow report
Looks like a large amount of snow forecast for next week in Ischgl.
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, its because I am arriving on the 28th Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy