Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go on non skiing day trips from the Grand Massif?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We going to be out in Morillon for quite a lot of the season and some of our friends may not feel like skiing every day. Where would any of you recommend for a day out within a couple of hours drive?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Samoens just up the road historic town, Geneva for the lake and city, Annecy for the lake again.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not that much to do in Samoens?

Yvoire on Lac Leman has been restored into its medieval state and is a good excursion - http://www.yvoiretourism.com/chapitre1_en_1.html

Lots to do in Geneva - old town and museums interesting.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chamonix and up the Aiguille du Midi. But choose a clear, sunny day and be prepared to wrap up very warm. Or Chamonix for ice skating. Or St Gervais for a ride up the railway thing.

Or Megeve for a smart lunch and some window shopping in the traffic free centre.

All preferable to Geneva, in my book, and a bit closer, too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix or megeve for shops and good food.

Geneva or Annecy for more cultural stuff

Or Morillon for getting stuff ready for tomorrows ski day (snow clearing, cleaning, washing, sleeping)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, Geneva itself not special as a city, but some good museums, e.g. Natural history or Ethnology. Maison de Tavel pretty good and the cathedral's nice if you like cathedrals.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@897sma,

Annecy is definitely worth a visit. The old town is beautiful. Wrap up warm though. We went there in January once and there was a very cold wind blowing in from the lake.

I have been to all the following in Summer rather than winter but assume they would be worth a visit in winter too:

Evian - attractive town on the shore of Lake Geneva
Saint Gervais - the tramway is fun. If it is open in winter the thermal spa place in Le Fayet is worth a visit.
Chamonix - Aiguille de Midi cable car & mer de glace railway (if open)
Morzine maybe but I'm not sure how much non skiing activity there is.
Samoens is lovely but assume you'd be able to just pop there in the evening after skiing..only a few minutes down the road.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone, some good suggestions for places I hadn't considered. Keep them coming. Smile

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 1-12-14 13:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If the road conditions are up to it, and you don't mind the 90 minute (or so) drive, I've always liked Martigny, and particularly Fondation Gianadda museum and art gallery.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Le cirque du Fer à Cheval, just up the road. Beautiful place to visit and have a walk. Perhaps not a full day but worth half a day.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Annecy would be my recommendation, very picturesque medieval centre, lovely lake setting, lots of decent places to eat and shop.

Chamonix and the train up to the Mer de Glace and/or the Aiguille du Midi cable car are also great days out, and the town itself is well worth a visit.

Yvoire is nice too, but is pretty small and dead in the winter
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Abbaye d'Aulps in St Jean d'Aulps was a pleasant way to kill an afternoon last I was in Morzine. Looks about 40mins from Morillon?

http://www.abbayedaulps.fr/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PP, It is beautiful but very limited access in winter except for the entrance area. Nice cross country there as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy