Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally Dolomiti :) Ortisei , Selva , Castelrotto or St.Christina?

Poster: A snowHead
Thank you guys , wonderful tips and advices snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well guys , everything seems good to go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Going to work next monday and then get off the ship and then fly straigh to Bergamo snowHead

Since i´m travelling from Lisbon to London , join the ship , get off , then London to Milan and Milan to Lisbon not going to carry all my snowboard gear rolling eyes rolling eyes

Got a quote of 120 Euros for 5 days , both of us snowboard board and bindings Cool Cool Cool Still going to take our boots with us wink wink wink

Very dry at resort level at the moment but seems like some snow bands coming over on the 16th/18th..........

Anyway they say that the pistes are in excellent condition!

Allready paid the Excess Insurance of 17.00 Pounds but they only gave me a e-mail with a serial number in case of a claim.... It´s that the way it works? Puzzled They also sent me a copy of a normal contract but as a guidance only but to print as well with the appolice number , is that enough?!?

Also paid 150 Euros of signal for the apartment Madeye-Smiley

3 more weeks and snowww!!! I miss it so much!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
See you out there Jony, we fly tomorrow. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski wrote:
See you out there Jony, we fly tomorrow. Very Happy

Cool!!! Enjoy your trip , keep me posted ahahahah snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want romance then do this - it ends with the only horse drawn lift in the Alps, I believe. http://www.altabadia.org/en/winter-holidays/ski-area-dolomites/lagazuoi-ski-tour.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
If you want romance then do this - it ends with the only horse drawn lift in the Alps, I believe. http://www.altabadia.org/en/winter-holidays/ski-area-dolomites/lagazuoi-ski-tour.html

Awesome , thank you very much Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I wonder if i can go by car and leave it in Armentarola?

From Ortisei looks a little bit of a stretch maybe rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jony azenhas wrote:

If you have an early start and catch the bus from Ortisei to Selva you should be able to get round to Armentarola then get the ski bus/taxi to the Falzarego Pass, do the Lagazoi hidden valley run and get back to Selva from Armentarola before the lifts close.

However, as you have your car with you could leave it at Armentarola but I'm not sure how much parking space there is there. In my view it would be better to drive all the way to the Falzarego Pass where there is quite a large parking area by the base of the Lagazoi cable car. Once you've done the Hidden Valley run you can then get the ski bus/taxi from Armentarola back to the Falzarego Pass (there is also a taxi service back to the Pass from the restaurant Capanna Alpina at the end of the Hidden Valley run but that's situated just before the horse drawn part back to Armentarola which you probably won't want to miss out on). If you drive to the Folzarego Pass you'll also have time on the same day to ski at the adjacent Cinque Torri area which I'd highly recommend.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 definitely add on the Cinque Torri circuit first (it's called "Super 8" on the map on the wall in the Lagazuoi car park). Cross the road by the lift to get started. We did that and the Hidden Valley from Kronplatz, so you'll be fine if you have a car waiting.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We took the car up to the cable car a the pass and there is plenty of parking but it does get busy as you can also ski back to Cortina from the top of the cable car. If you do take the car you a lift back up to you car when you ski down.The best way is to ski to Colfosco and get the ski bus up. It is a magical trip. If you have a car, why not take a day trip to the Civetta ski area. The runs over the back to Alleghe are some of the most memorable ski runs of my life.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We took the car up to the cable car a the pass and there is plenty of parking but it does get busy as you can also ski back to Cortina from the top of the cable car. If you do take the car you a lift back up to you car when you ski down.The best way is to ski to Colfosco and get the ski bus up.

I'm well aware of the frequent ski bus/taxi service that runs from Armentarola to the Falzarego Pass (6 Euros p.p from memory) but your reference to a bus from Colfosco confuses me as Colfosco is anticlockwise on the Sella Ronda from Corvara and thus even further away from the Falzarego Pass than Corvara! Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
jony azenhas wrote:

If you have an early start and catch the bus from Ortisei to Selva you should be able to get round to Armentarola then get the ski bus/taxi to the Falzarego Pass, do the Lagazoi hidden valley run and get back to Selva from Armentarola before the lifts close.

However, as you have your car with you could leave it at Armentarola but I'm not sure how much parking space there is there. In my view it would be better to drive all the way to the Falzarego Pass where there is quite a large parking area by the base of the Lagazoi cable car. Once you've done the Hidden Valley run you can then get the ski bus/taxi from Armentarola back to the Falzarego Pass (there is also a taxi service back to the Pass from the restaurant Capanna Alpina at the end of the Hidden Valley run but that's situated just before the horse drawn part back to Armentarola which you probably won't want to miss out on). If you drive to the Folzarego Pass you'll also have time on the same day to ski at the adjacent Cinque Torri area which I'd highly recommend.

That seems the best option! Better still if there's a big park there Cool

Thank you very much!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
+1 definitely add on the Cinque Torri circuit first (it's called "Super 8" on the map on the wall in the Lagazuoi car park). Cross the road by the lift to get started. We did that and the Hidden Valley from Kronplatz, so you'll be fine if you have a car waiting.

Perfect , i'll have a look into it Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We took the car up to the cable car a the pass and there is plenty of parking but it does get busy as you can also ski back to Cortina from the top of the cable car. If you do take the car you a lift back up to you car when you ski down.The best way is to ski to Colfosco and get the ski bus up. It is a magical trip. If you have a car, why not take a day trip to the Civetta ski area. The runs over the back to Alleghe are some of the most memorable ski runs of my life.

All good ideas , only 5 days to do all of them , seems i have to come back very soon!!! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mixed up Colfosco with San Cassiano. The bus up the pass is from San Cassiano.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mixed up Colfosco with San Cassiano. The bus up the pass is from San Cassiano.

Almost right wink the bus/taxi service is from Armentarola, slightly further up the valley. If you end up in San Cassiano, you've missed the turning and need to get on the lift.
snow report
@Scarlet, ^ +1
ski holidays
Yes, that's the one I mean. Clearly I pay attention whilst ski touring in the Dolomites. I do vividly remember how stunningly beautiful the area is tough which is why I signed up for the 11th birthday bash in Arraba today.
Perhaps we ought to keep it all a bit quieter. we don't want the place turning in to. Another 3 Valleys or St Anton.
latest report
Yes, that's the one I mean. Clearly I pay attention whilst ski touring in the Dolomites. I do vividly remember how stunningly beautiful the area is tough which is why I signed up for the 11th birthday bash in Arraba today.

Great! I look forward to meeting you at the Bash! snowHead

Perhaps we ought to keep it all a bit quieter. we don't want the place turning in to. Another 3 Valleys or St Anton.

Quite - we only recommend the area to select genuine ski/snowboard enthusiasts (which of course includes all snowHeads)! wink snowHead
latest report
Sccchhhhhhhhh snowHead snowHead snowHead

I´ll have to see if i manage to get there with my girlfriend , would be very nice to meet you Snowheads Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
If I can jump onto the tail end of this old thread...
I'm looking for some good value accomodation in Ortesei for seven or eight people and wondered if anyone had any recommendations? Any tips appreciated..
ski holidays
Otisei is a bit out on a limb and the cable car out to the main Dolomites is usually the biggest queue in the region.
Corvara is lovely, the hidden valley very romantic with a horse drawn tow at the end but it also has a very long flat section after that so is not popular with boarders. If you're both fit and and don't mind a long shove along then it's worth a go.

The whole region is stunning and quite romantic really, touring from town to town. Covara/San Cassiano is the classiest.
snow conditions
Milk Corbum wrote:
If I can jump onto the tail end of this old thread...
I'm looking for some good value accomodation in Ortesei for seven or eight people and wondered if anyone had any recommendations? Any tips appreciated..

I've only stayed in Ortisei itself once (in a self catering apartment with 3 other friends), but the Val Gardena tourist office website will have information about all the accommodation available.
snow report
Otisei is a bit out on a limb and the cable car out to the main Dolomites is usually the biggest queue in the region.
Corvara is lovely, the hidden valley very romantic with a horse drawn tow at the end but it also has a very long flat section after that so is not popular with boarders. If you're both fit and and don't mind a long shove along then it's worth a go.

We seem to have settled on Ortisei after getting the impression it was the most charming of the three Val Gardena towns/villages. A friend suggested Ortisei might be a bit cheaper too. Maybe I should revise our thinking...

The hidden valley sounds brilliant and although I'm a boarder the flat sections don't bother me as not only am I happy to get a bit of speed on, I also have a fit skier wife who doesn't mind giving me a tow.
snow report
@Milk Corbum, Don't be put off - Ortisei (and the whole Val Gardena valley) is a lovely place. On any days you want to do the Sella Ronda or the Hidden Valley if you are staying in Ortisei the best thing is to start fairly early and get the skibus straight from Ortisei to Selva and then you're on the Sella Ronda circuit. At the end of the day as long as you're back in Selva by the time the last lifts close then you're fine as you just take the skibus from Selva back to Ortisei. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
“most charming of the three Val Gardena towns/villages”

I would agree it probably is, but it’s also the biggest. It’s quite spread out and if you’re not careful your accommodation could end up in an inconvenient location. Just choose the accommodation carefully and make sure you can either easily walk to the lifts or there is a ski bus stop nearby.

To access the Sella Ronda, another option is to just get the ski bus to the Saslong gondola at St Christina!! Go up the gondola and then get the Sochers chair to the top of Ciampinoi where you access the Sella Ronda.
snow conditions
Thanks for the tips. Most of our group likes the gentler slopes with just me and my young lady looking to beast the full area and - hopefully - explore off-piste.

We're aiming to stay at the east end of the town somewhere between the lift up to the mellow plateau area and the one serving the runs to the north of the town. There seems to be some kind of tunnel/escalator connecting the town center to the latter...?

It's tricky finding a large (8 of us) self-catering chalet that's for sure; most are 4 persons or thereabouts.
snow report
Milk Corbum wrote:
We're aiming to stay at the east end of the town somewhere between the lift up to the mellow plateau area and the one serving the runs to the north of the town. There seems to be some kind of tunnel/escalator connecting the town center to the latter...?

It's tricky finding a large (8 of us) self-catering chalet that's for sure; most are 4 persons or thereabouts.

I think you'll find that the lift up to the plateau (Alpe di Siusi/Siser Alm) and the lift to the North (to the Seceda area) are actually situated fairly centrally in town. And yes, there is a tunnel/escalator linking the centre of town with the latter. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy