Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is this the worst year EVER for snow ?

Poster: A snowHead
trainee snowboard jedi wrote:
scottief wrote:
It's always a gamble if you don't book late but I can understand why people are slightly disappointed based upon historical conditions. Early and late season advice should always be heeded to book high and if you don't you roll those dice. Saying that, even booking high has this year a huge element of dice rolling as I have found out heading to Val D this weekend! Stil excited though. Very Happy

Give us an update when you're there, I'm a week behind you. Webcams are looking better

Will do @trainee snowboard jedi
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@scottief, Thanks - much appreciated
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Going OT here, but how do you rate Skistar?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes Webcams are looking better and a lot more opening day by day. Hopefully some on the Bellevarde side soon to add to Solaise opening up. Will ease the pressure on the glacier especially with most tour operators starting up this weekend! Glad though I'm actually on a course which is 5 half days which will be concentrating more on drills and technique. Don't need a massive amount of resort to achieve this but for our 5 half days and our full day Saturday, it would be nice to have the larger area open. Was also looking forward to catching the women's DH but suspect that will be called off soon!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"rate Skistar" Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@scottief, Looks like the temperatures dropping there which is good news.. keep us all updated im landing in Val D on the 20th..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For most of the last 5 years there has been snow on the local hill in Scotland in October or Novemeber, which then gets washed away rapidly. This year the first snow on the hill came in December a few days ago. As usual in Scotland, the first snow usually coincides with high wind and power outages. Storms occur, and any snow on the slopes cannot be accessed because the lifts cannot operate in 80mph winds. Also it is pretty miserable skiing in such conditions.

However, the temperatures are low and due to stay low, so who knows, there may be some skiing at Xmas and New Year this year.

NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've already had more snow in Derbyshire this winter than the whole of last winter...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all, arriving in Val D on 14th - will update in the Val D thread but fingers crossed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ricklovesthepowder, I know what you mean about early bookings, but I also wonder then why FIS have world cup races booked in Courchevel and Val. This year they are cancelled and moved to Sweden I know, but they must think on average that they will be able to race at that time each year?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes @chrisb I don't think its normally a problem with the resorts having altitude on their side. I was there last year arriving on the day of the Men's slalom on the Face and there was plenty of snow which had arrived in November in a large dump. Some of it had melted in a warmer couple of weeks but actually it held up pretty well up to just after Xmas when they had another period of sustained fall. Without looking at the stats properly, I think the only other time in recent history that races were cancelled was 11/12 which was a lot worse than now: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2068663/World-Cup-skiing-event-Val-dIsere-cancelled-lack-snow-.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@scottief, for very short values of "recent"
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well it was 3 seasons ago wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia wrote:
We've already had more snow in Derbyshire this winter than the whole of last winter...

Perfect, lets go!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, @Onnem, I was really keen to ski MonteRosa, all the refugios look fabulous there. Was told by an Italian the Gressoney was in great condition, but then heard from others given snow fall until now, Cervinia was a safer bet. Given that I'd like to ski both, but want to ski Monterosa more, this seems like a good time to ski Cervina.

Did that make sense?

Cervinia is a bit higher, so it is the proper justification to ski there next week. I will definitely get to Monterosa, because it's on my bucket list, but another time. And hopefully I will get myself booked in at Frantze Very Happy
latest report
In terms of the Alpes Maritimes it's a mixed bag - on the one hand the Manchester of the Alps, Isola 2000, is open and reporting 120cm/50cm (iirc that's more than last year and fresher too, it was sheet ice last year). But Auron a couple of valleys away and further north is closed and only has 20cm at the top and dandruff at the bottom, and Valberg has what can only be described as a heavy frost...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy