Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker K2 Schizofrantic bindings: base plates don't match Jig!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two weeks ago I went to fit the new schizofrantic bindings to my daughter skis to discover they are the K2 version, designed for inserts on K2 skis.....whoops.........no wonder they were a bargain!! the base plates don't match the hole spacing on my jig at all.........must be k2 specific captive plates?

Have worked out I need the actual distance between the heel and toe inserts and the boot centre mark measuring the ones that are closest to the boot centre mark on a K2 ski designed for this schizo binding , will be a recoil or a kung fuja something like that.

measure centre of hole to boot centre mark if possible...thanks

Then I can freehand fit them............. Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anyone??

or any ideas how i can do this without a jig or paper template or any measurements??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@carroz, back in the day, one drilled skis freehand all the time. Assuming you have the boots handy, just be carefull...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're not sure, measure up and mount on a scrap piece of timber with the binding adjustment centered so you can check the boot fit. If you have access to a pillar drill it will make hole alignment easier.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, @anarchicsaltire, Piece of wood and trial and error wil be the way then, have done freehand before, finding centre line etc, just was hoping to save a bit of time. The plates have a range of sizes for each hole, to suit the fixed inserts in the k2 skis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From memory I think it might be 12cm from boot centre line both back and forward to middle of nearset screw. If I get time I will check tomorrow.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gsb, If you could that would be great, thank you Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Upon looking at the binding again it is not as easy as that. What sole length is the boot?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it is 268mm, which is right at the bottom limit, she will be moving up to the next size boot mid season probably, so 278mm then.

Each plate (toe or heel) has 4 forward and 4 rear holes marked with boot size ranges.

I assume on the k2 ski with the captive inserts you just mount them lining up the relevant holes equivalent to the boot sole.

So if i know the distance from the centre line to the first set of captive inserts on a k2 ski for the heel and toe plates then I can use the plates as a template. The heel piece of the binding moves back and forth to compensate for the different boot sole lengths in the range

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 29-11-14 18:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's easier to talk. I've pm 'd my number
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gsb, Thank you very much for your help Very Happy really appreciated
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy