Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help please Austrianites.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick update. Booked flights to Munich, looking ATM through booking.com some very reasonable places still with availability and also another sH's offer of accom that I need to reply to. Looks like we are stuck between Saalbach and skiwelt, possibly Ellmau. Should have it sorted tonight, got a little busy with something else last night.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Found a reasonably priced place just outside ellmau (going), so school and stuff would be from ellmau, need to get the bus in the mornings but that stops right outside. Now just got to figure out schools and hire. and a way of getting the 2kms back from Ellmau after 17:00!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ricfrench, There is a shuttle bus system but there is also a ski school and ski hire in Going so why not use them? It would make life less hectic surely. Let me know if you need any help as I'm more than willing to pop over (only 40 minutes away from my home) and take a butchers and ask any questions you want answered.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going does have it's own access to lifts that link to Ellmau. Lift times pending... Could you ski across? I remember those runs being quite fun. I think they're floodlit some nights too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Samerberg Sue, thanks sue, you are an absolute treasure!!.

I've looked at the info regarding the schools in Going, can't seem to get much info on snowboarding for minime, and the lifts there ( on the piste maps anyway) look a little remote from the main area. Still got some research time, not yet booked anything. Planning on sending some emails today anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Obergurgl would be just right - enough skiing for you, nice ambience, very friendly hotels, low rise, excellent schools. Only problem would be booking this late. Some nice shops for the Mrs too.

It's also linked by the Topexpress to Hochgurgl (on the same ski pass) which is smaller but more expensive, which has a few more demanding runs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@irie, @ricfrench has already booked Ellmau!

@ricfrench, here's a link to the ski school at the foot of the slopes: http://www.schischule-going.at/Default.aspx?alias=www.schischule-going.at/en they also do ski hire

another one based in Going is: http://www.ski7.com/skischule-stanglwirt/home.html
But it is based at the Stanglwirt which is the very, very pretentious Wannabe hotel on the corner of the main road. Very pricey and actually not that friendly a place unless you are a "name" or roll up in a RR, Lambo or similar, then they are all over you like a rash! In terms of costs for children's classes, I think they are expensive but the price does include lunch and midday cover so you don't have to return unless you want to.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ricfrench, the lifts on the Going side do look remote, but you can ski from there over to the Hartkaiserbahn and back. Beats getting the bus.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.skiwelt.at/media/panorama-2014-15-gb-2.jpg

I had a 1 day private lesson with these when we were in Ellmau http://skischule-ellmau.com/ueber-uns. Jnr spent the week with them. They were very good, we both had Dutch instructors. Mine only worked peak holiday times as he had a normal job back home (his gf was from Ellmau so he used to spend his holidays there). Neither are in the list of instructors on the page though. The meeting point is at the bottom of the nursery slopes in Ellmau, so only a short traverse using the at bars from Going. The other two ski schools in Ellmau use the nursery slopes further along the village so would probably mean you would need to use the bus.

Although after a day or two they may suggest to meet at the bottom or top of the Hartkaiser.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ricfrench, +1 for Niederau, have stayed at Hotel Austria there several times, and it's just a minute's walk from the gondola and nursery slope drags. As @Valkyrie, says, the local areas are a bit limited (tho there's a new link to Alpbach from Auffach - not tried it (yet!)) also it's only a short taxi ride away from Hopfgarten, and you can get an area pass - so that gives you access to SkiWelt as well
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hammerite, just kind of how it's happened but booking all our stuff with them today, web site looks most professional and they definitely talk a good job so that's a little good back up for them
The only annoying thing with the website is, you have to buy all the bits separately. So you rent some skis and pay for them, book school and pay for it and them on to passes and pay. Just one basket and payment please!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy