Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski trip dec 27th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

Am I wasting me time keeping an eye out for late availability package holiday or cancellation for Dec 27th timeframe for 2 of us? Initial look shows availability and good deals for Dec 20th (away Christmas day - not an option for me) or Jan 3rd (also not an option for me). There is availability on Dec 27th but ill need a better deal to get the green light. Also the scheduled flights from Ireland during this period go through the roof so that's not an option

Obviously the few days after Christmas Day and New years is very high demand / peak ski season. Just wondering if anyone has managed to grab a last minute bargain at this time in the past or am I wasting my time keeping a packed bag at the door ? At this time are even last minute cancellations going to very expensive?

Unfortunately this window seems the only period that we can get a ski trip in this season. Oh God I cant go a season without snow Sad

I suppose am asking for too much for a deal during the holidays but any feedback (even disappointing advice / a reality check) appreciated.

thanks

landers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@landers, It might help people to offer some positive responses if you could give some indication of what is needed to make the green light appear!
What is your total (including everything) top price per person?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@landers, crystalski.ie currently offering about 75 complete packages for those dates starting from around €750pp.

If going the non-package route, have you thought of self-catering apartments or catered chalets? If these aren't booked by now they may be happy to offer a discount.
Re flights, you're probably looking at Aer Lingus into Geneva - they have a sale on at the moment, workable if you're willing to travel unsociable dates/hours e.g. Dec 19-24 for €200. Or go through London to meet budget flights on better dates. Not easy but worth it if it's your only chance of snow!

Good luck Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

There is availability on Dec 27th but ill need a better deal to get the green light.

If you can't go any other dates, can't afford scheduled flights and can't go at current package prices, it's very simple. You have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting in the hope - possibly a bit slender - of a last minute deal. Say, 12 - 72 hours before departure. Probably is a waste of time scouring the boards now, as it won't be "last minute" for New Year for weeks yet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we are flying Dublin into Munich. We are actually flying out the evening of the 26th and the sole purpose is to avoid the Saturday morning exodus to the Alps. We have booked into a B&B near our resort and will arrive in our resort of Lofer by 11am. If you could do friday to Sunday flight is might be a bit cheaper. Think to Dublin Salzburg saturday flight is almost off the radar price wise.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
have you played around with dates flying out of Belfast
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks, on further research the tour operator options might be there - pam w has the approach summed up nicely. The 'green light' is probably €500 max for package (flight / transfers / accommodation) after christmas day ie dec 27th / 28th. So I'll be keeping eye from a few days out and the bag will be at the front door and I'll be out the gap quicker than you can say gluhwein!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy