Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2015 Nike Kaiju's Review

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased the 2015 Nike Kaiju Snowboard boots for my Winter Season. I was wondering if anybody had experience with their boot from last season and could give me some pointers of making them last. I've been told to always do the laces up etc... but I was wondering if anybody used any particular products on them?

My review is below so please check it out and comment your thoughts:

http://powderpursuit.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/my-winter-gear-boots.html?view=magazine

Safe Shredding

HH
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@henryhole, your not trying to promote your website by any chance are you Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@henryhole, Now the ice has been broken, it's not a review, you haven't used them yet, it's a preview.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used these boots in the UK in the Tamworth Snowdome. It is unfair for me to categorically state they are the best boots hence why I was asking for feedback.

Let me clarify, I am not trying to promote my blog here I am just looking for feedback from people who may have wrote blogs or read them in the past.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nikes dead so are your boots soon.
Check out TK max for more and buy into the new image reality check
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All the gear......
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Snow Hound, can't help but thunk the same.

As a seasonaire I went out with what transpired to be ladies salopettes (cheapest going, a £50 jacket and loads of socks. No £300 camera, branded everything for me...). Slumming it is half the fun.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know what this guys trying to promote but every page I've looked at on his website is full of product placement and endorsement. The descriptions he uses are hilarious examples of marketing BS. Either that or he is a walking talking cliche.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the love snowheads... I thought this was a community??

I'm not trying to promote anything, I'm trying to write a blog about my winter season. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys to help gauge what you'd like to see me write about!

I may have spent money on all the gear but that was because I wanted it to last. It's good to hear your feedback about the durability of the brands Ive bought into, if only I had come to you sooner! @andy1234, @Astraeus, @Snow Hound, @Tirol 164,
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alright @henryhole. You like kit, go write a piece on your blog as to your opinions on why two major brands, Nike and Adidas, have decided to do the exact opposite of each other at the same time. This is Nikes last year making snowboard boots, and next year Adidas comes into the market. How can the largest sports brand on the planet fail when niche makers thrive? Why do Adidas think they can make it?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@henryhole, aw cmon, really?

Do you actually talk like your review of the Nike boots on the magazine page of your website? "The 2015 Nike Kaiju's jumped off the shelf at me for their looks at first, though once I'd tried them on and had a wonder round the store it was a no brainer. The Mid-Flex upper offers enough support for intermediate riders such as myself but when coupled with the flywire ankle harness and webbing lace system, it offers an all round, all mountain package."

Just funny, that's all. Hope you have a good season.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@andy1234, Of course not! In a previous life I worked in marketing writing product reviews and it was something I did daily which is why I sound slightly robotic in my reviews.

Thanks for the advice and I intend to have a great season
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@henryhole, I think you are getting abuse throughout because you are posting a whole lot of nothing. If you want to push your blog, wait until you actually have some content. Posting about boots that you liked in the shop is not terribly interesting.

BTW:

Wonder

verb (used without object)
to think or speculate curiously:
to wonder about the origin of the solar system.
to be filled with admiration, amazement, or awe; marvel (often followed by at):
He wondered at her composure in such a crisis.
to doubt:
I wonder if she'll really get here.
verb (used with object)
to speculate curiously or be curious about; be curious to know:
to wonder what happened.
to feel wonder at:
I wonder that you went.
noun
something strange and surprising; a cause of surprise, astonishment, or admiration:
That building is a wonder. It is a wonder he declined such an offer.
the emotion excited by what is strange and surprising; a feeling of surprised or puzzled interest, sometimes tinged with admiration:
He felt wonder at seeing the Grand Canyon.
miraculous deed or event; remarkable phenomenon.
Idioms
for a wonder, as the reverse of what might be expected; surprisingly:
For a wonder, they worked hard all day.

Wander
[won-der]

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

verb (used without object)
to ramble without a definite purpose or objective; roam, rove, or stray:
to wander over the earth.
to go aimlessly, indirectly, or casually; meander:
The river wanders among the rocks.
to extend in an irregular course or direction:
Foothills wandered off to the south.
to move, pass, or turn idly, as the hand or the eyes.
(of the mind, thoughts, desires, etc.) to take one direction or another without conscious intent or control:
His attention wandered as the speaker droned on.
to stray from a path, place, companions, etc.:
During the storm the ship wandered from its course.
to deviate in conduct, belief, etc.; err; go astray:
Let me not wander from Thy Commandments.
verb (used with object)
to travel about, on, or through:
He wandered the streets.
noun
Mechanics. the drift of a gyroscope or a similar device.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@henryhole, try to separate hyperbole and life . . . Your girlfriends will guide you . . . If your ego will allow them to.

I too have been in "marketing" . . . There is more wisdom scrawled on a toilet wall than you will find in a PR office
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
henryhole wrote:
@andy1234, Of course not! In a previous life I worked in marketing writing product reviews and it was something I did daily which is why I sound slightly robotic in my reviews.

I think this is your problem a marketeer shouldn't be writing reviews because they can only write " it's brilliant" style copy.

Re Nike's e/it from snowboarding I guess their problem was there is already a Nike in the sector in the shape of Burton so they were never going to be No 1 and they aren't very countercultural.

Adidas of course have some history with having owned Salomon, Bonfire etc . Whether that qualifies them to makesnowboard boots I don't know but they aren't the most complex thing.
snow conditions
I know this this is a bit ignorant but I wouldn't read a blog on Nike boots as I would never consider Nike boots.

The reason - I'd never buy a boot with the Nike logo on the side. Ignorant maybe, but it demonstrates the power a brand has.
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, Adidas is already here bruvs. They've been around for 3 seasons I think maybe 4.
snow conditions
I stand corrected - thought their boots were new to market this year...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy