Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes opening week conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of an early season snow hit in Tignes next weekend 29th Nov.

Does anyone know how Tignes conditions are looking?

Went last year in the same week and nearly everything was open, but it looks a little bare on the web cams at moment.

Anybody else out there or heading that way? Any real life reports most appreciated.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jph123,

Have a look here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112438#2614926 wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just come back, double M now open, snow a little thin in places, but very good time had by all - inc advanced & intermediate skiers & good boarders.
Snow expected later this week.

Di
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello,

Please help me to curb my panic!

After doing 2 years of heading to Bulgaria and there being little snow and about 2/3 runs open, my partner and I decided that as this is potentially our last chance of skiing for a few years we will head to a snow sure resort. However, Im starting to panic that there will also be little snow and few runs open.

Im frantically looking on every website for up to date weather reports and webcams, but the snow keeps moving to the next day! Plus different website report different snow forecasts

I realiseTignes is snow sure up on the Grande Motte, however I need to know if this is going to be another holiday where we are dissapointed!

Many Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Vivien1980, When are you going?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
over xmas - 20th December.
I know, I know a lot can happen in 3 weeks. I just want to know if anyone locally is hearing stories that it might be a particulary poor start to the season
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Look here www.tignes-spirit.com/services/indepth/article/19

See November 2004 - sod all on lower slope, but by december and Jan they were fine - that was a bad early season for them
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks - I realise that I may be panicking for no reason. Its just with it being our last ski trip for a few year, we have high hopes! ha
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Vivien1980, Dont worry I panic too - im out there on 3rd Jan!! Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fingers Crossed for a big dollop!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Tignes now.

Glacier is okay, everything else is a field!

Double M open, but very thin cover low down leading into mud by the bottom.

It's that early season gamble of course, last year was a result, this year, well ok for a morning of skiing before the rain washes away the good work by lunch. Very busy up high as no snow anywhere else either. It's the beginners who are really feeling the pain as nothing easy is open near the villages and the one blue run up high is closed for ski racing (bit nuts really).

Just a real time up date, as I'm reading reports of heavy snowfall etc, but it's not true and it's 12c and raining in Val Claret at lunchtime!

By Christmas you know it will be fine .....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just like to add that today is a beautiful blue sky day in Tignes, 13c and getting a tan over lunch in Val Claret - not the day of snow that nearly all the snow sites are mentioning?!

But on the glacier, skiing in a fleece and sunnies, I love it! Who cares about snow low down! I'd take the early season gamble every year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I really do hope that the snow thats being reported on a daily basis actually does come!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy