Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge discolouration/rust

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How quickly do your edges become discoloured or rusty?

I've got a new Rossignol Krypto and after a day on the slopes the edges have discoloured in places. It didn't used to happen on my Nitro until after a good few year's use!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Myn tend to rust a little on the flight home due to the dampness in the bag, no matter how well I dry it before I pack it for the journey. Rubs off fairly easily with a gummy stone though, before sharpening the edges.

Never known it happening during the course of just a day's use though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It takes about three hours. The way to do it is to ride on the board, then put it *wet* into a board bag, and leave it there. A short haul flight is enough to do it. I'm not sure if "warm and wet" does this quicker than "cold and wet" - either do it.

The way to avoid it is equally simple. Take an old block of wax, stick it in your board bag. Then, when you finish riding, run the wax over all of the metal edge which isn't aluminium (usually all except the tail).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, seems like nothing to worry about too much. I like the stick of wax idea.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always dry the board well and then run some notwax over the edges before setting off for home since I always have a puck with me but don't tend to carry a block of wax.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy