Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dynastar POWERTRACK 89???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied these??

Whats your thoughts on them if you have--- and if you have also skied Rossi Experience 88's and Blizzard Brahma's- how do they compare?

Ta..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied them last weekend on-piste at Kaprun. I skied the Rossi's and the Brahma's last year (note: the Experience 88 has changed since last year, I haven't skied the new version).

In my opinion, these three skis could not be more different, so it all depends on what you want to do with them for - let's say - 90% of the time. And it also depends heavily on your size and skill level.

The Brahma is the biggest, most serious of the three. Being fairly stiff and heavy, it takes a lot of technique and force (mass, speed) to make them work well. But if you're an expert skier that likes to go fast, these might be your perfect ski's.

The (2014) E88 felt quite dead to me. They feel wide, slow from edge to edge and no noticable rebound. THey're ok on a smooth prepared run, but I wouldn't like them in any kind of terrain or snow that requires quickness or playfulness.

The Dynastar is quite forgiving and easy to handle. For a heavier skier or real expert I think they are to light and don't supply enough stability. But for an intemediate who wants to learn and want a versatile ski that does quite well on piste and can get you down gracefully off-piste, this might be the ski for you.

About me: I'm 1,82 and 85 kg and I'm a advanced skier with a rather 'lazy' style (i.e. not much power goes in to my skiing, but I have some mass to compensate).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks cheizz. i AM 1.74, 105KG with eight seasons behind me - albeit 20 years ago. 45, not that fit but love going fast on groomers or playing in powder.

Interesting that the E88s were flat for you- i skied E83s last year in Tognes and loved them for their playfulness, just got a bit noodly at high speeds

Intersting in the Brahma- maybe a Bushwhacker would be a more agile version
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy