Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Solais liftpass simulator?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowHead snowHead snowHead

Ive not been on this forum for ages, special hello to Pamski, perhaps we can meet up this season Im coming out on the 4th jan and am about to book a chalet on the outskirts of Morzine, they offer a drop off to any lift station at our conveinience so think its best to get the full area pass.

Im snowHead just trying to figure out the PDS website, they seem to have a simulator to work out the cost but it doesn't seem to do anything when you click the button, also, I can only seem to be able to select the individual resorts. am I being stupid? I read that there is a discount if I book online before the 30th nov, just cant work out how it works. I have a pass to recharge but I shall need another for my lovely man.

this is the link to the page I'm on. http://en.portesdusoleil.com/lift-pass-simulator.html is it the right one?

Thanks for reading , hope you can help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It doesn't work for me either. To recharge and buy pass you want e.g. here http://www.ski-morzine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=8&lang=en
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. @under a new name, that works. It doesn't seem to see I have 43 bonus points from last year but I expect that might be because it is not enough to redeem. Any thoughts.

I also want to buy the insurance but couldn't see that here. I was told by an instructor not to bother with normal wintersports insurance for my hol but the one they sell at the lift office is a definite no quibble should if the need were to arise to be got down from the mountain. I think this should perhaps be a separate post but just wondered what your thoughts were.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never been able to get it to work tried at least 4 browsers. There is a PDF on the site which does show prices though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@youngeratheart, hi! I'm still here and will be there in January.

I think you are right about 43 bonus points not being enough to redeem. As far as I know I believe that they tend to make use of the bonus points at the end - and you will be getting some more for your 5 (?) days and then you use the bonus points for the final day - if it is 6 days. Bit tedious as you probably then have to go to the lift office to sort that out.

We go all belt and braces when it comes to insurance as we take the one to get you off the mountain as well as full annual travel insurance with skiing added on - I think OH is just sorting that out at the moment. We use MPI and we can knock off bits that we don't need but its still a deep gulp when you see the final figure - and will be this year as we are skiing in VT after Christmas for a week.

I think the PDS (nor the Les Gets one) website is not particularly helpful - but if there is a Contact Us section they are usually quite good at replying and you have a few days till 30th November. We don't get any discount for our PDS season pass early (and we do get other discounts on it) - although we would if we were to buy the LG/Morzine one.

Look forward to catching up next year!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 23-11-14 19:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@youngeratheart, don't worry that thing is useless, I've never been able to get it to work either!

@Pamski, could you not get the PDS pass with 'indigene' discount?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sarah sorry - I meant that we don't get a discount for buying early - we do get the reduction for being local and also for being very old too! So I am grateful for that...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pamski, ah that's good then. I hunted high and low for early booking discounts on PDS season passes and could find none except 10% early bird discount buying from the Swiss side but bizarrely none if buying from French side.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hmm, well, @under a new name, 's link to the Morzine website does work, I was going to buy a 6 day pass but if as you say I get enough bonus for a free day by buying 5 days perhaps I should do that, however does anyone know if those bonus points will come up if I reload it online. if not I might as well wait and not worry about the discount. I usually buy when I get there and see what conditions are like but the discount seemed attarctive specially since I like the option to tour the PDS.

@Pamski, @Pamski, would be great to meet up. I can introduce you to my gorgeous new man! Toofy Grin Lots of news!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@youngeratheart,

if you go direct to the morzine website http://www.ski-morzine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=8&lang=en you can 'simulate' the lift prices there..

It also mentions 'online reload lift pass'
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@youngeratheart, look forward to that!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob, yeah thanks @under a new name, linked me there and its much more user friendly.

@Pamski, ive still got a number in france and uk mobile hope they are still good. We shall be out on the 4th Jan till 11th. A bientot!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@youngeratheart, @Pamski, I'll be in Avoriaz from the 27th Dec till the 10th Jan.

Fancy meeting up for a slide?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@feef, where are you staying?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@youngeratheart, Douchka apartments, up in the Falaise area.
ski holidays
Hi @feef, well im sure we shall be up Avoriaz way so lets contact via snowHead nearer the time. Are you skiing solo? We are staying near Morzine.
latest report
@youngeratheart, I'll be solo that trip, yes. I'm back out at half term with my son and folks tho.
snow report
Hi Everyone!

Newbie question - I have reloaded my PDS lift passes online for a week in January, will they work automatically on the first day or do I need to go to one of the offices?

Thanks Smile
snow report
Should just work.

Take the paperwork from the website (confirmation emails, etc) just in case there are any issues but did it last year and no problems.
latest report
Excellent, thank you.
latest report
@Mjit, thanks< I was wondering about that too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy