Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses, HELP!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

Really unsure as to what kind of sunglasses to go for for a season in Austria, it's my first season so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just wanted some sunglasses for days were goggles may be to much and sunglasses would suffice. Call me vain but but I love the classic Rayban Wayfarer and kind of had that kind of style in my head if not, the actual thing! I'm obviously aware they must be polarised and high UV, but rayban do accommodate for this, or am I just being ambitious?

I've heard Oakley are pretty good and can get some nice shapes, I.e similar to the Wayfarer?

Thanks for any help and please don't be to harsh, I really am oblivious!! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would look for a pair that covers as much of your eyes as possible -- the wayfarer style would let too much light in around the sides (fine for normal use, but not in Snow..) :: If you like Oakley - look at the 'Radar' style..

This thread may be of interest too you....!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=114129
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IMHO it depends what you plan to use them for...Obviously the UV, CE marking and safety stuff is essential.

I have broken (or had pinched) too many expensive pairs and almost all steam up.
Spend as much as you can on a pair of Oakleys if you really want to wear them all of the time and won't let out of your sight.
If they are just in the pocket for casual use, go for a much cheaper brand, I like Bloc . http://www.bloceyewear.com you can buy three of four pairs for one Oakley.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's your first season, not brand conscious, and you're unsure of goggles vs. glasses, pop down to Lidl for glasses with interchangeable lenses (£7) and goggles (£1 more than glasses). You can then decide which one you prefer for the next season (assuming you'd love the white stuff) and possibly get more gear.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If it's your first season, not brand conscious

Laughing but the OP clearly is! How many weeks' wages would that be, for a pair of Oakleys?

I have a huge amount to be thankful for. Not minding wearing a pair of Lidl sunglasses is just one small piece of the jigsaw of contentment. wink I got some of the interchangeable lens ones last year, but I think they were from Aldi. Excellent.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

wayfarer style would let too much light in around the sides

I did three seasons an much other skiing with Wayfarer style Vuarnets. With no problems. Wish I could get them repaired.

I've just had apair of Maui Jims, which are not cheap, but rather excellent, replaced for the second time as the frame had broked again and they have a no quibble 2 year warranty. (the frame breaking I am sure is just an unhappy coincidence, the guarantee is excellent).

I also have a pair of these.

But be warned, everyone, their mate and his dog have been wearing this sort of style this summer and they're all you can see in the shops in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@seasonnaire14, Check out some of the PERSOL sunglasses. These are made by Luxottica the Italian manufacturer who makes RayBan, Prada, Gucci and a whole load of upmarket "proper" sunglasses with "proper" manufactured lenses.
I highly recommend Persol sunglasses having 4 pairs for both skiing and summer use. They have a range that includes Photo-chromaic, polarised, and G15 lenses.
Silly as it sounds.... Ebay is a great source for these sunglasses at greatly reduced prices
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimastaaah, good brand
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy