Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Collection of avalanche scenarios 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I personal learn a lot form reported avalanche accidents.
So I did a little collection of situations where everybody can find him self playing around next to the piste.

http://alloffpiste.com/skiing/avalache-accidents-2013-14/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good resource. The pic of the slide from the snowboarder falling off the side of the piste is pretty sad.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is a great idea, I'd love to see people sharing information on these kinds of incidents, globally if possible, with input from avalanche experts. The ones you reported include a lot of places I would have never thought of as dangerous.

Thank you for posting. I couldn't see some of the pictures well and maybe you could get some help with the translation? I have a small bit of German and would help if I can but maybe there are some other ski bums out there with fluent English and German?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@franztrimmel, I'll put a link to this informative site in the sticky section. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jbob, That's fine with me Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another really good post. Thanks for sharing this.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@franztrimmel, nice!

I was at Stubai the day after the death by the Windachferner. So sad and looks so innocuous; it was easy to see how someone wouldn't even think about the danger there.

BTW the Ă–sterreichischerlawinnenwarndienst also produced a big magazine detailing all the avalanche accidents in Austria last season. Only available in German but well worth a read.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy