Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski lifts in the 3v

Poster: A snowHead
I haven't been to the 3 V in a while, but we are thinking of going in early spring. So jus??t to see has it changed, are there fast 6 man chairs? are there covered chairs with heated seats, it isn't important, but I feel if they updated the chairs they updated the runs, so whats the lift system like now? please don't tell me you still need photos for your lift pass? ( that has to be gone)[/list]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no photo reqd except for season pass
best to have a butchers on merinet or similar for changes on this seasons piste maps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 3vs has one of the best lift systems with plenty of 6 man and double loader 6 man chairs. Don't recall extensive bum heaters or covers, not that I would expect you would really need either in march.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.latania.co.uk/other/whatsnew/index.htm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definately the 3V has some of the better lifts, the only slower older ones are the one double out of Bettaix & there use to be an older slow double out of Meribel village... Very few button lifts, just local short / beginner piste access. Definately loads of 4 & 6 chairs, some newer sit down bubbles (thank god), there is a new lift this season down near Bosemont in Val T.... They keep promising to upddate the 4 man up St Martin 2 but I donl;t know if they have don that one this year - although it only effects them at very high busy periods, never had problems myself getting out of St Martin...
There are a lot of covered 4 & 6 man chairs but to date I haven;t come across any heated seats - actually I have never noticed heated seats in any European resorts, although I am not that well travelled resort wise....
I certainly wouldn;t let it influence any decision to visit the 3V....
The only thing I find is in poor weather they are reluctant to bash pistes, last Christmas they just shut down all the upper pistes and pisted 2 to 3 days later, after they had removed all avalanche risks, it doesn;t sound much but with the whole of Les Mingers trapped low down it was actually dangerous to be out, until people gave up, went back to chalets for dinner..... We then spent the following days just improving our mogul skiing as they very slowly started to bash pistes - fun for me but not fun for my wife....
BUT I would not let that me stop from visiting the 3V as it is definately the largest well connected areas in Europe, easy to swap between valleys without buses or being stood on large gondolas for 15 mins while they wait to fill up.... or be on a button lift for twenty mins !!..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to Courcheval last year and the lifts were loverly. Didn't get out to the rest of 3V 'cos it was our first time and there's plenty to ski there. So I can't comment on the other lifts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent fast lift system in Courchevel/3Vs. Gondolas on all the main routes. No heated chairs though, that's an Austrian luxury. Can't think of any covered chairs either.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@biddpyat, at least one, but I think two of the lifts in VT were renewed last year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19356&st=40

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17836&st=100

Here is some of the news from two of the new lifts this year. There has been quite a lot of new investment over the last few years, so if it is a while since you were there you should see a difference
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seem to remember some covered chairs on higher lifts in VT. Aren't there some heated chairs in Courchevel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do we really need heated seats, FGS. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tougnette 2 is a covered 6 seat chair, gives access to VT from above Meribel/Mottaret
I think there's a new express chair replacing the old Loze lift from Blanchot (Meribel) up to the col above La Tania
Not sure if the Adret chair has been updated from below the Rond Point
I'll let ya's know in mid Dec Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@franzClammer, yes there is a new lift to get you back to La Tania. It will cut the travel time from 10 mins to 5.5 mins

More in link here

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20782&st=80
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's a few covered chairs in Les Menuires. I think Val Thorens have now replaced all the slow chairs with fast ones (the last one the slows was replaced this year). And all the buttons at resort level have been replaced with those magic carpet things.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers folks, I know in march we won't need heated or covered lifts, but it gives me an idea of the standard of lifts there now, seems from some of the links that they have done a great over haul on the lift systems.
ski holidays
When was your last visit?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy