Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is this snowboard flat ground trick ?

Poster: A snowHead
So I was going down a gentle slope doing a tail press to slow butter and then this guy flew past. He started a tail press of his own but leaned back so far that he was sliding with his back on the ground for a good 5 seconds. The board was still in the tail press position (I.e. Front tip maybe a foot of the ground). Then he stood up, smiled and flew away.

I can't find this one on the Internet , anyone know what it's called?

I tried it and wiped out haha
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I,m not into tricks but a guy on you tube stateside has great athletic ability on a custom x, Ryan.... someone ?
What is the most interesting (even more than his flatland tricks) is his lower leg flexion and strength to consistently perform them with ease on a firmer model board .
Someone will have watched a few clips and know his full name you might want to check it out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like a tail block
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tirol 164, Ryan Knapton. I've watched his video 100 times and is something I'm aspiring to. If I can ride half as good as that I'll be stoked.

I noticed that he was riding a Custom X too which is stiff so great technique/ strength doing what he's doing. I think the trick is just called a tail press whether its sliding or not. You can add an arm drag to so it would be a tail press arm drag. I'm just getting into freestyle so if any of you kids know for sure, let us know.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was it this (without the cats)

http://youtube.com/v/zRgk6VC8CyQ
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Never heard of someone doing this on their back, sounds cool! If you do it on your front (usually with hands on the ground) it's a Tripod or a Hot-Dog.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stevomcd This guy ryan knapton on youtube on a custom X have you seen ?
I thought he must have exceptional lower leg and ankle flexion to consistently ride like that not just technique ?

More a statement on what I lack before and since the krankenhaus visit last week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CustomX isn't that stiff, plus it's all about body position and technique rather than strength anyway. I might be better at it if it was...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevomcd, think it is called a tripod. Where the custom X isn't the stiffest it certainly is stiffer than the average mid flex snowboard. Ryan does make it look so easy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agreed, Ryan rocks.

Tripods are rad! Stupidest trick ever until you have 5 of you doing them at once. Then it's rad! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
no, its not a tripod, tripods are on the nose of the board after a b180 into it.

its just a laid back tail press, its a fairly common trick across boxes and under slow signs.

watch a few edits on yobeat or the mustachio and you'll see someone do it....Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here are some flatland tricks:
Nose Press= Lean forward until your tail is off the ground
Tail Press= Lean back ''
Backside 180= (When Regular) Hop 180 degrees clockwise. (When Goofey) Hop Counter clockwise
Frontside 180= Vise versa from above
Backside 360= You have to be kidding me if you ask about this.
Frontside 360= -_- Dont ask
Tri Pod= have both hands on the ground and have either your nose or tail pointing into the ski and slide down backwards. (Butt pointing down)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lalitv74, I can do all of those . . . Just never when I want to Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You know what... and I'm a bit amazed myself... I actually can do all of those.... Blush

OK, I can't do the 3's on the flat, but can do them off a kicker or a lip.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, seems like you need more practice dude!
ski holidays
I know this is an old thread but I just happen to have an answer here. From OPs description this sounds like what my buddies and I did all season as kind of a joke trick, we were calling it a layback butter. OP reaction also sounds like exactly what we were aiming for haha! Always thought it must be funny to just see some dude go past like that. It is hard on the lower leg for sure, burns like hell if you try and hold it for any considerable length of time. You can also use your trailing hand as a kind of rudder and turn a bit.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy