Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

foot cramps please help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys/gals my missus has major problems with foot cramps for the first hour she straps on her board. she has the molded insoles but they don't really help.
she was reduced to tears last time and ready for throwing the towel in! she aint a softie either our other hobby is thai boxing!
any advice much appreciated.
dave
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dawmotorsport, my OH had that problem, but in ski boots. He found it helped a lot if he rolled his feet very firmly over one of those foot massage rollers, immediately before putting his boots on. This sort of thing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ancient-Wisdom-Wooden-Ribbed-Roller/dp/B0043B9B66/ref=sr_1_3?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1416353514&sr=1-3&keywords=foot+massage+roller&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to have foot cramps (in ski boots). The problem was cured by acquiring boots which were not several sizes too big!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the boots are a perfect fit for her @pedantica her last boots were to big so we got some fitted.
thanks pam il have a look into getting one
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dawmotorsport, is she clenching her toes if she is nervous? I used to do this sometimes and consciously thinking about flexing my toes upwards helped, it is pretty common to to try and clench your feet I think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dawmotorsport, 1. Who fitted the boots? 3. Boots might be too narrow across ball of feet (edited 2ce cos I didn't read OP properly... and know nothing about board boot pain)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 19-11-14 15:36; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dawmotorsport, is she a good snowboarder or a beginner? Beginners often find themselves holding a fixed position on one edge for long periods and this rapidly leads to cramped feet and calves. Mixing it up will help, as will getting better as she'll then be changing edge every few seconds.

Boot laces and binding straps don't need to be done up super-tight. Snug is fine. Especially with new boots, I often leave one set of laces (i.e. inner or outer) loose until the boots break-in a bit.

I always get a bit of foot cramp at the start of the season. Disappears after a few days riding. Amazed now that I ever survived doing a week at a time back in the day - takes me 3 weeks or so to feel that I'm "snowboard fit"!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know a lot of people who have found snowboard boots hard to get right. I talked to one lady who'd owned over thirty pairs, or so she said

Doing them up to tight is definitely a likely cause.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alexander Technique ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pedantica, Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the replies guys have had some trouble logging on!
Yes she is a beginner but its instant when she straps in to her bindings she can walk in her boots all day no problem but initially when strapping in it hits her like a brick for half an hour or so then shes fine
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dawmotorsport, then she's either doing up her binding straps too tight or her boots are too narrow for her feet. If you have wide feet, you can feel OK with your feet being crushed sideways by the boots, but then add the straps crushing them down as well and you're in agony.

Try leaving the boot laces loose over the foot, but keeping them tight on the shins. Most boots have separate lacing systems that will allow you to do this or, if using traditional laces, you can do some cunning lacing to achieve the same thing. "Double loop" the laces through the first lace hole / ring after the foot section. This will allow you to pull the shins tight without tightening the laces on the foot.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers stevo il tell her to give it a go. Were off to avoriaz in a month
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy