Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste Lessons/Guide Val d'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Having a Family holiday in Val d'isere in mid December and looking for some recommendations for some group Off Piste lessons.

Looking for 2/3 half days for just me, don’t want to do a 5 day as it’s a family holiday and don’t want to spend the whole week not skiing with them.
I have the equipment and have skied Off Piste previously (courchevel couloirs’)

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpine Experience, based in Val D, are excellent.

They run guided off piste groups every morning and afternoon - at about 50 or 60 euros per half day. Great value and (based on the powder morning my group had with their guide Chris) great service.

They also have a daily off piste report - summarising what they've been up to - on their website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've also heard good things about Alpine Experience, but haven't used them myself. Last time I was there we did a day with TopSki, who were also pretty good and have the same kind of setup (pay per day, tell them your level and they put you in a group). Whoever you go with it would be worth talking to them a fair bit about assessing what level you are - the other people in my group (not supposed to be the top one!) were pretty damn good...luckily I didn't embarrass myself, but was a close-run thing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpine Experience have many repeat customers including several other people here on Snowheads. I did not ski at all last winter but have skied many times with Alpine in previous winters. A search here on Snowheads should find my ski reports. Alpine's website has a daily report on snow conditions, where they skied and what it was like.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@goozy, What are the dates when you are going to be there. Myself and a few friends plan to go up that way some days before our lifts open fully. If you have all the safety gear and managed the entry and Courcheval Couloir without any problem you are welcome to join us if the dates work out. Otherwise I can put you in touch with a few other older people (not the young seasoniare kids) in resort who like to ski most days. Send me a PM if you prefer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@goozy, +1 for Alpine Experience. Morning sessions are generally guided rather than lessons, but I think they do technique sessions in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies, looks like i'll be giving Alpine Experience a buzz Very Happy

@snowcrazy, That sounds good, we're sking from the 15th- 20th inc but going to use the 15th to get me legs back and the 20th is family day, so if you are in the area your invertation would be much appreciated, if not and you could put me intouch with a few others that will be that would be great.

Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@goozy, I did lessons with tdc www.tdcski.com, 3 years in a row 2011 to 2013. I did a three day course and a bunch of private lessons. They were excellent. We covered different types of off-piste, not just powder and actually the stuff through the trees turned out to be my favourite. I did a review on TripAdvisor if you can find it. I skied with them again in Courcheval last year having chosen Courcheval because there was a tdc there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another for Alpine experience. Perhaps if you are an expert off piste skier Topski might be better because the standard in the top group is higher, but Alpine experience is friendlier and they all speak good English (many are native English speakers). Just tell them what you want.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for AE; nothing to do with Wayne being a fellow WHUFC sufferer !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy