Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go this year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I poured my heart into this article, read everything there is about winter resorts in Europe and with some personal experience I've come up with a list of 10 most mentionable and best places to go skiing this season in Europe.

This is not a best-to-worst list, but rather a selection of places which most blogs and websites mention as the best to go skiing this season.

So, here it is - http://blog.adventuretrotters.com/skiing-season-is-ahead-top-10-of-europes-trendiest-winter-resorts

Do leave your comments because I would love to read your feedback about the list. Maybe I'll upgrade the list to something like top 20 Smile

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK I got as far as Courchevel
Quote:

The pistes are most suitable for intermediate skiers, with difficulty gradings ranging from red (advanced intermediate) to tremendously difficult black runs. Moguls are provided for snowboarding and snowmobiling. Courchevel airport is the main point of access to the area

You forgot the greens and blues for intermediates. The more difficult of the blacks tend to be preferred by the more expert skiers
In my estimation snowboarders and snowmobiling users are not fond of moguls and prefer smooth pistes.
I have stayed at Courchevel and know many others who have as well. I know no one who has arrived by the airport. Most of us use a transfer bus or drive.

After that I gave up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Poured your heart into it? Really?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I know no one who has arrived by the airport.

I laughed at that, too. And I think that Courchevel 1850 is also a terrific resort for beginners.

That sort of "ten best" analysis is always fairly pointless - an apples and pears business.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I fear that it shows that the author is not drawing on personal experience at all.. I started a more lengthy reply and then thought better of it, for fear of seeming rather cruel....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am a bit of a pedant and I didn't like the American spellings - eg "categorize" "recognize" Shocked Crying or Very sad

I think it is odd to do a top 10 that is not based on one's own experience. La Plagne would not feature on my top 10. Neighbouring Les Arcs much better in my opinion.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
He may not have researched it much, but he did a great job of getting everyone to read it and provide him with a load of hits to his website! Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like this quote;

Quote:
Zermatt is a classic Alpine town where it is still possible to take a ride on a horse-drawn sleigh through the cobbled streets.

has anyone actually tried riding a sleigh on cobbles? snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never thought I'd see La Plagne and "charming villages" in the same context Laughing

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Sack the Juggler, @Cacciatore, Laughing Maybe they are horse-drawn carriages through the cobbled streets. You can get them in Megeve too. And a damn nuisance they are, too, on the roundabouts on the by-pass.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ClimbingTrotter, It's a nice blog but not hugely informative if that's what you were setting it up to be. St Anton being Lech's laid back cooler something isn't really an appropriate analogy Toofy Grin

If I haven't heard about a resort (as well as coming onto SH's) I used to look at 'Where to ski and snowboard' it gives the essentials. Km's of piste, rating system for beginners, intermediates, advanced etc. An inter sting article may be '10 less known resorts' A lot of those on this forum know their stuff and are very well informed (don't class myself in this category) so would expect a through critique! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
La Plagne is on there but not Val d'Isere!?? I would rate the latter as significantly trendier than the former. Much as I like it, and have had four holidays in La Plagne, there is nothing remotely trendy about the place.

I know it's all very subjective, but still. You also make it sound like Courchevel 1850 is unaffordable unless you're Bill Gates. Well I'm staying there next month and I'm far from loaded.

I've only been to half of the places on the list but I don't think it's very helpful or informative, sorry.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy