Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on new skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I am a level two instructor about head off on my third full season (second working as an instructor). I have been skiing on a pair of Rossi 88's for the last two seasons but as I'm starting to get serious about taking my level three I'm looking at getting a purely piste oriented performance ski. Since my knowledge of skis is somewhat limited am looking for some advice! I'm 6'4 and weigh around 95kg.

I'm currently trying to decide between the Head i.Supershape Magnums, or the i.Supershape Speeds. I understand that the ski's have different turn radii and that the Speeds are thinner underfoot, but can't decide which would be best for me. If anyone could explain the differences between the two skis and which one might suit me better, it would be much appreciated!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of other skis that suite me better, please share those with me too!

Thanks in advance for your help

Sam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[snip]
Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stuarth wrote:
[snip]
Puzzled

What??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm similar stats to you and have my 3, I skied the magnum last year and love it and was going to buy the speeds for this year as I wanted something with a slightly longer radius and a bit more speed edge to edge. If you have been skiing an 88 underfoot ski then the magnum will feel so much more responsive and sharp. It will come down to personal preference in the end with regard to your style, both are good choices. If I were in your position then I think I'd go magnum as it's probably a little more versatile.

Good luck.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy