Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Me and my daughter first week of Easter holidays 2015

Poster: A snowHead
All,

I am looking for your views to see if I am getting the best I can for a holiday next year:

- I am looking to travel from the 28th March 2015 for one week
- I can easily do the week after
- I can easily do odd days rather than a full week, I just need to keep my work holiday to 4 days
- I want to travel from Gatwick, preferably not a 7am start
- My daughter is 6 and a beginner skier
- She will need morning lessons
- I plan to ski in the morning, meet her for lunch and ski with her in the afternoon.
- I will have a Salzberger Super Ski season pass
- I have all my own gear
- My daughter has no gear at all
- I am happy to do DIY, but life is easier with a package

Poking around Crystals, I think I am looking at £1500 HB in Zell am See.

Should I be looking at other options?

Cheers,

Keith
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you had a look at independent chalets? Chalets direct website is a good place to hunt them down, not sure if I have noticed much for that area though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Keith_b, £1500 seems quite a lot for the two of you, unless this includes tuition, ski hire and lift pass for your daughter. Most group lessons in Austria tend to be all day so you'd need to check out if you can do morning only or book private lessons.

Have a look at http://www.austrian-adventures.com for DIY, can book lessons in Flachau, Schladming or Zauchensee.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All,

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated. The £1500 was for everything including half board.

I booked Zell am See in the end, paying a little more to get a hotel with a small pool and next to the ski school to avoid bus/long slow walks back.

Going to be a great holiday,

Keith
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking on Crystals for that week - school hols - that price doesn't include passes, equip and lessons.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drammeister, it looks to me like the prices are moving upwards for that week quite fast, I can't now find the prices/options I got before.

I didn't spend a lot of time on this to be honest. If you are looking to book, I suspect there are some experts out there who can get a better result than me.

Keith
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£750 would be a pretty cheap week in school hols if it includes flights, transfers, half board, passes, lessons and ski hire.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pam w,

I think there's a small misunderstanding here,

- I will have a Salzberger Super Ski season pass
- I have all my own gear
- My daughter has no gear at all

The ski hire, pass and lessons are for my daughter only.

To be honest, I was a bit surprised at the prices, so "I just booked it". Maybe I got lucky, I'm new to this game.

Best regards

Keith
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Keith_b, sounds like a good package, it is definitely worth grabbing a deal that looks good when you spot one Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've just managed £1,350 for 3 of us HB and flights to Hinterglemm for the same week. We have to factor in lift passes and skis (we all have everything else and won't have lessons). I think this was a bit of a one off this year though, prices have been a lot lower for Easter school hols in previous years. Maybe they'll drop down a fair bit closer to the time (we usually keep searching but then leave it 4-6 weeks before we go to book.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm terrible at last minute booking, I'm just not brave or patient enough to be able to wait!

Hope you all have a great time, sounds like you got some good deals.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Keith - sounds a great plan.

Just one word of advice from someone who has been skiing with his kids from the age of 4 (now 10 and 12 and utterly hooked Very Happy) - don't be surprised if she has limited energy for skiing in the afternoon. By all means get out for a couple of runs - she'll love skiing with you (it was humbling how much they wanted to learn so that they could ski with me more) but you might find that she benefits from a bit of quiet time after lunch before you go out and play a bit. You've probably worked it out but success for your holiday will be measured by how keen she is to go again not by how much skiing gets done!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jedster - cheers for the top tip, I really appreciate that. I have seen similar with swimming and cycling, only fun works.

This is going to be a real special holiday, something to cherish,

Keith
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

This is going to be a real special holiday, something to cherish,

Yes. I haven't taken wither of mine away on my own but last Easter my wife wasn't fit to ski and I has a week of ski days with the kids (they didn't do lessons) and it was lovely.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jedster 😊
ski holidays
I took my daughter away at about the same age, and my tip, apart from @jedsters, was a pocket full of Haribos for when the bottom lip starts to tremble or the blood sugar levels dip.
snow report
Michael_stocking, another great top tip thank you. Simple stuff, hugely effective.
snow conditions
Quote:

pocket full of Haribos

definitely! second that
latest report
Bribery with hot chocolate with stacks of squirty cream, or if it's warm enough an ice cream (which it has been a few times we've been away at Easter) always goes down well.

Jnr is starting to get towards the age where he'll be demanding rum in his hot chocolate instead of cream Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy