Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lone skier/boarder wanting to paraglide on skis? possibly valmorel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im 44, enjoy a laugh, experienced skier (and sometimes board). I'm looking to join a group or another lone skier/boarder similar age range ideally, going to valmorel in france? The main reason for going to valmorel is to try the ski paragliding on offer.. it is also the most pretty of places. but I am open to options, if there are other resorts where you can paraglide on skis, its been a long ambition of mine.. get intouch if anybody has any ideas or spaces.. at the minute i'm not set to any dates..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am assuming that you simply want to do a tandem flight with a qualified paraglider pilot taking off on skis.

There are many ski resorts where you will find paragliding flights being offered. Certainly in Val d'isere and Tignes you can take a tandem flight. To fly you have to have the right wind and weather conditions and therefore don't think that just because you've gone there to fly that you will.

Basically you will simply be flying from the top of the hill to the bottom without soaring (soaring is when you stay aloft using thermals (rising columns of air)). The pilot won't want to stay up too long anyway because he would rather be taking up another paying passenger).

If you want to learn to paraglide in the UK go to:-

http://www.bhpa.co.uk/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done it in Alpe d'Huez where I did a tandem paraglide with the parachute type and also with a hang glider. It was an amazing experience and definitely worth doing!

A quick Google search shows that there are many resorts that do it. Looks like you can also do it at Chamonix and Val Thorens.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
la plagne, les arcs also offer these enjoyments

in les arcs you can also try speed-flying - as shown here
http://youtube.com/v/fwnto05elCE
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speed flying uses a very small paraglider or speed wing which flies very fast and you certainly can't do this tandem. No one should allo you to try speed flying without having learned to paraglide to an advanced level.

Flying a speed wing takes a lot more skill than flying a paraglider because of the speed you are flying at and you are flying at close proximity to the ground and obstacles. A small mistake when speed flying can easily be catastrophic.

The main point of Paragliding is to stay aloft as long as possible using the rising air currents. Even in the UK the good paraglider pilots can fly for longer than 4 hours and cover more than 60km.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Arcs was apparently where speed flying started out. There are a number of designated take off spots around the mountain and if you look at Youtube vidoes, it was where Richard Hammond raced two of the top guys in the sport to the bottom of the mountain in an Audi RS6 a few years ago
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi thanks to all for responding to this..
informations really helpful.. : )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy