Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Revolutionary artificial 'snow cloud' generates powder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new method of making much drier lighter snow in greater volumes than conventional snow guns ... under test at Obergurgl-Hochgurgl ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152846747405761&set=gm.1516319468654820&type=1&theater

[scroll down page for additional photos]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How cool, literally, but I hope that they work, it would be a massive bonus to some lower slopes. Mind you I think of war of the worlds when I see them, ha ha, play the soundtrack on the sound system to freak nerds like me out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@biddpyat, Uuuuuulaaaahhhhhh!!!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would almost go to obergurgl l to see them in action, I love new stuff. It is one of the great things about Austria, the ski pass may be expensive but they are always improving lift systems and other stuff.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What's the science behind that increased snow volume? Given that any snow machine relies on a phase change in water and at sub-zero temps any water should turn to snow surely weight for weight a similar amount of water should result in the same weight of snow. Now the makers are talking about an increased volume of powder snow - are they actually talking about an increased volume of air? i.e. does the increased snow volume hold up once the snow basher has done its stuff, i.e. are they only talking about increased benefit in snow volume until the next grooming session takes place? They then say that it will be good for beginners slopes, well yes, drier snow is easier to ski for beginners, but only when it is bashed which I think could negate the volume gain. Are they over egging the advantages? Clever tech though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
biddpyat wrote:
Shocked

It's the noise the martians make on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Album.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@halfhand, I thought it was an invocation for Ullr!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ChrisWo, Yeah but that's what it sounds like from the dark recesses of my memory Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
halfhand wrote:
biddpyat wrote:
Shocked

It's the noise the martians make on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Album.
I know that, hence the shocked/worried expression. Very Happy . I love gadgets and would love to see those, . I can imagine the way they cause the spray to be so light and throw the water higher will actually change the snow from ice crystals to powder type snow. . I don't care how they work actually, but If they do I will be delighted Hate cannon snow, better than nothing, but it has a different feel to it, sort of icy but not ice.... or am I mad in my conclusion to that?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy