Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 75 or Rossignol Experience 78

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow skiers.

i really need a pro to help me here. i asked some people about this and they said go for the 78 but i need to make sure,

im a beginner (never skied in my life) (did snowboarding though) and i want a ski to start with, i have two options the Rossignol Experience 75 and 78
the Rossignol Experience 78 is on sale and really good price but according to my research its not fit for beginners and its more suitable for intermediate to advance.
should i just get the Rossignol Experience 78 or should i wait for the 75 to go on sale ? there is a chance it would.

please i need some advice and thank you in advance Smile

in case you need more info about the skies here you go (click on the link for each)

Rossignol Experience 75
http://www.skis.com/Rossignol-Experience-75-Skis-with-Xelium-100-Bindings-2015/351587P,default,pd.html

Rossignol Experience 78
http://www.skis.com/Rossignol-Experience-78-Skis-with-Axium-110-TPI2-Bindings-2013/274564P,default,pd.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sheldoor, hi.

The 78. I presume you're in the US with some kind of regular access to skiing; therefore if you buy the 75 you will grow out of them very quickly. The difference between a true beginner and an early intermediate can be as little as 3 days on snow and if you're an experienced boarder you're likely to improve quickly. If you have your first lesson and really can't get on with them then rent a beginner ski for a few days until you're doing plow parallel turns and then move back to the 78s.

The 78 is probably good for around your first 10 weeks on snow as your skills progress. After that, you'll have an idea of whether you want a stiffer/longer/wider/freestyle/powder type ski to add to the 78 and widen your skillset further.

They're a good ski - enjoy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello, thank you for your quick reply,
I live in canada, and What do you mean grow out of them ? If i improve and for example decide to go on blue slopes (intermediate) the 75 wouldnt perform well in turns ?

Thanks for your input. Ill probably go for the rossignol 78 since they are on 50% off for a limited time Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sheldoor wrote:
What do you mean grow out of them ? If i improve and for example decide to go on blue slopes (intermediate) the 75 wouldnt perform well in turns ?

Yes. Beginner skis have a very soft flex. This makes it is easy to get the tip (nose) to engage and start the turn at very slow speeds on gentle green runs. However, as soon as you start skiing faster on steeper slopes (Blue) they will feel unstable and flappy rather than gentle and easy. The 78 is a stiffer flex more suited to medium speeds on Blue terrain, hence it will last you much longer as your skills develop.

You don't say where in Canada you are or how much skiing you intend to do? If you're in BC/Alberta then the snow is easily soft enough for you to be able to engage the 78 tips without any issues but I wouldn't go any wider for now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really appreciate your reply Smile
I live in Ontario, toronto and i will be skiing at blue mountains resort. Probably once every week. Maybe more if i can. I understand now what you mean and yeah the 78 wil do for my first season skiing.

Thanks again that was really helpful Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy