Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you ever wished you weren't wearing your helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
running on from this thread, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=113865#2608211

I find it very useful as a pro tem handbag if nothing else. And it has enough scrapes that I'm quite happy aren't on my scalp.

thots?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It keeps my ears toasty and my bonce safe so 'no' I haven't.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never when going downhill.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only when my head gets really hot. I'm thinking of buying one with more vents.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Once in a shower, but that is a very long apres story!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On a warm day they can be a bit hot , pain in the neck to carry around as well , probably I would be better off without one as for my skiing they are unnecessary but it keeps the peace.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Once as nobody could tell what army I was in with out the pointy bit on top
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Love the wind in my hair feeling. So much nicer than wearing a stinky helmet.

Been a few times when I've had it on that I've been rather thankful though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few times when the chair safety bar has hit whist the bar was coming down. Never had a problem with no helmet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One very hot Easter in L2A I had the vents open (old helmet where you removed plugs) and with very short hair I got 4 sunburnt patches on my head through the vents Shocked It was pretty sore for a couple of days.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Once in a shower, but that is a very long apres story!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Everytime I get in a gondola so I take it off.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I also had a bad experience with a cycle helmet when it was giving me a bad headache no matter how I adjusted it one ride. I got home and discovered I had my sunglasses on top of my head under my helmet.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skiing fine, not so my cycle lid. I generate too much heat cycling to keep it in under a helmet. Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skinning up - it's too hot! Tried it once (first time I went touring, I'm fairly militant about wearing it normally), had to take it off after an hour. Now I leave it hanging from my backpack.
latest report
About 1 minute after I first wore a helmet for skiing, funny, I manage ok with a motorbike helmet but can't tolerate them when skiing.
latest report
I do at certain times and want to take it off, then after I bounce my bonce off something; I realise I'm glad it's on.
snow report
Only when I'm in a warm bar and there's no hook to hang it on.
ski holidays
Got a really cool woolly hat last Christmas. One of those posh Hats For the Hills one. I succumbed and posed on piste. Wore my helmet off-piste though. But it's what you get used to. I do a bit of that new fangled freestyle stuff. On one dryslope I stopped using poles. On the other one I feel completely naked without them.
snow report
When I haven't shaved for a few days, gets bloody annoying around the strap.
ski holidays
@trainee snowboard jedi, sorry, I can't relate to that Laughing
latest report
Yes, when I put it on in Val Thorens with a very large wasp inside. Sad Shocked
snow report
I was pretty annoyed with it when it rolled off the bed and landed on my foot once, other than that (and some early overheating issues with badly vented lids - noone likes a dripping helmet) nope.
snow conditions
Yeah - wished I hadn't worn one cycling up AdH was sweating buckets
snow conditions
I was really regretting wearing my helmet on a warm day in April a couple of years back...uncomfortable, sweating underneath it, etc. I decided when I got down to the bottom I'd take it off and strap it to my backpack, and thirty seconds later I fell over and banged my head on a rock that was jutting out near the side of the piste, which made a big dent in the helmet. I skiied down to the bottom and bought a new helmet, which I've worn every time since, no matter the weather wink
snow report
I'd never wore a helmet until last season when I started to get into off piste and went with some companies where wearing a helmet was 'recommended'. Like others the only slight downside I've found is they can be a bit warm when skiing in the spring but didn't find my to be uncomfortably warm.

Stats etc aside blah blah blah I personally don't see many downsides to wearing a lid. Personal choice at the end of the day.
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
Yeah - wished I hadn't worn one cycling up AdH was sweating buckets

Glad I was wearing one going up col de la madelaine. 3 degrees and sleet in august.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy