Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire tip - Geneva (French sector)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a tip that might help Snowheads avoid a little bit of grief when hiring a car from the French sector at Geneva airport.

Recently went to watch Gloucester play at Oyonnax in the Jura so we hired a motor from Enterprise/Citer in the French sector.

Everything went well until we went to fill up at the petrol station marked on the Enterprise map/instructions before returning the wagon.

Being a Sunday, the garage, on the Ferney road near the airport, was closed (no mention of this on the instructions, of course) and being tight for time to check-in, we were unable to find anywhere else that was open.

Enterprise certainly charged a 'premium' price for the diesel. Next time, I'll fill up earlier and not rely on their instructions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've run into the same problem form the same rental company - since they I've learend the Carefour, is less than 100m away and takes Credit cards outside f opening hours + it's much cheaper
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another good tip for hire from the French side re. finding your way back - which always used to cause a few headaches. Just put Ferney-Voltaire in your sat nav (google maps on the phone works fine) and you will get to the "really badly signposted/not sign posted" French side of the airport. It will save you loads of grey hairs. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my tip is "don't bother - go swiss" at least in the ski season. Swiss cars come with snow tyres as standard but it's and extra from the French side and after the premium the saving isn't worth having given the hassle involved. At least IME
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's also a major PITA to get back to if you're travelling from the Cham area - if you want to avoid the tolls or are travelling in to Switzerland for the same reason! I believe the Swiss-side cars come with motorway tax sticker thingy <- technical term. Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Swiss-side cars come with motorway tax sticker thingy

They do not need it - they are swiss
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aah - ok - I didn't know that. I thought they were like motorway passes that everyone had to buy annually or whatever. Thanks - you learn every day Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I thought they were like motorway passes that everyone had to buy annually or whatever

you're right, @nemesys, they are. Swiss people who never go on motorways don't have to buy them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swiss side cars come with viginnette they need them for motorway use .The reason the french ones do not is because these hire cars come and go from all over france and may never travel in switzerland.Or so the hire companies say.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Always useful:

http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/recherche/map

Department: 01
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy