Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

who was extolling the virtues of the Stormriders?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DB, hell, the bro models look awesome! I know I guy who has a stiff pair in Verbier but the git wouldn't let me ski them! I'll post you some more ideas for light weight AT / All mountain when my wife isn't looking Wink Atomic Sweet Daddies might be OK for a normal ski...

No idea about testing the DPs at the moment, I felt a pair of DBs a rep had in London last year, similar to the Wailer 95 but they couldn't deliver me a pair Sad It *might* be too much but I'd try it anyway as it's so light. I have skied some large skis, spats etc, but my 94mm Exlosives are still IMO the best all round ski money can buy.

I have just bought NX21s. Again, was unsure what to buy. The NX01 got slated, but I got such a good price I couldn't resist, I also normally ski on DIN 12 so happy to have that extra 1 for the sake of safety...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks JT.

Parlour,
A guy in St Anton was raving about the Sweet Dadies but I wasn't sure if they were wood core (like you I prefer to stay away from foam cores). On DP/DB skis - it a shame really, there are a few small ski companies that really put a lot into their skis concentrating on what the skier needs / wants rather than just a new top sheet and a different colour with integrated binding and/or flashing light every year. It's like being able to buy parker pens and bic biro's at similar prices. Testing and getting a small enough size from the small ski makers tends to be a problem for me.

Sometimes I'm on tours with snowboarders and then a fatter stiffer ski would be ideal, keeping up with them on the way down is the problem. Other times I'm with superfit / younger ski tourers where a lighter ski would be better as keeping up with them on the way up is the problem. I've tried proper touring skis but they were a bit "flip floppy" hence the interest in the Stormrider AT. Maybe I'll go for something like the Dynastar 8000 and put a touring binding on my Madtrix Mojos to get the best of both worlds. ( That's another ca 400 to 500 euro for binding and wide skins rolling eyes the Mrs will be so pleased wink )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy