Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble Airport to Tignes transfer challenge 28th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

4 of us are arriving to Grenoble airport on 28th of December at 5pm and require transfer to Tignes Val Claret but the only group transfer available is Ben's Bus and it's once a day at midday Sad

Other companies do private transfers and charge crazy money Sad

Anyone else going to Tignes on 28th of December? Would be great to get more people in and share costs of a bus.

Any suggestions from Tignes experts?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im arriving on the same day but at 7am with a group of four, we looked at all of the options and hiring a car was by far the cheapest, plus you an stop at the bottom of the mountain and stock up on everything for the week for a fraction of the price.

Managed to get a Ford C-max (sort of small estate car) with loads of room for equipment and food etc etc for £240 for the whole week. The Bus is slow and £80 each or something, the car is £60 each and we can use it all week if we need it a nd it wont cost more than a tenner each in fuel.

Obvious choice? Assuming you are over 25?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look on our site for shared transfers, quite a few companies add their shared seats but it can be a bit last minute.
http://www.findtransfers.com

If there isn't anything there then you can add your request and companies can get in touch if they have anything. The 28th of December is a busy day though...

You can also have a look at carpooling on covoiturage.fr but with 4 people you might struggle...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Theluji, Thank you for your advice. We have looked at car hire as well: definitely over 25; 3 of us have full UK driving licences, however none driven on right side before, hence a bit worried Sad Plus car chains, they can be very painful and costly! Also, on Tignes website it says that there is a free shuttle bus between various Tignes resorts.

@Dia_FindTransfers, thanks for your advice, I will certainly have a look into it!

P.S Looking forward to Circus performance for NYE! Should be fun! Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ski_bunny I've never driven on the right and have not driven in Europe for 3 years. But its a 2 hour drive on good roads and snow chains some with it and likely wont need them on the main roads. So just go slow when in the village!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its a 2 hr 45 drive from GNB to Tignes in good conditions - bargain on at least 3.5 on one of the busiest Sundays in the season in the dark.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey I'm driving from Madrid to Tignes but only have a mini so can't offer a lift. However, there is no need for snow chains if you only drive to Bourg San Maurice. I parked in Bourg San Marice last year and got a bus up to Val Claret for about 15euros. No chains required. By far the easiest option as no snow in BSM and there was a bus was every hour or so to Val Claret. So, my advice would be rent a car to BSM and then get the bus to Val Claret. Smile

PS if you know of any spare accommodation 28 Dec - 4 Jan, I'd be interested!! 1 x novice female snowboarder - all my own gear, no idea!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ski_bunny, there's really no big problem driving on the right if you are competent drivers. Pay extra for winter tyres and you are very unlikely to need chains - and even in the unlikely event that you did, it's not rocket science. You will know the weather forecast when you arrive in Grenoble. If it's very snowy, practice putting on the chains in the car park before you leave and put some big black poly bags in your luggage - to kneel on, and then to put the chains in when you take them off.

Personally I wouldn't bother renting a car and then paying for a bus up from BSM - but do find out in advance about parking options in Tignes. Under cover parking could save you a lot of digging.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy