Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paris to Moutiers - le couchette!

Poster: A snowHead
Folks, I'm trying to source tickets for the "couchette" train from Paris to Moutiers (intercite de nuit) however I am drawing a blank. The Eurostar-affiliated TGV is more expensive and less comfortable as we are travelling in a pack of six and looking to therefore have the entire couchette to ourselves. I had heard it was a reasonably priced offering but I can only see overnight tickets for in excess of 120EUR per person and these don't appear even to be couchette seats.

Can anyone give me any pointers on where I can source tickets? It isn't for March so I suspect I'll not be able to book until three months in advance but need to know my timetable options!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Astraeus, I think Corail Lunea is the service you need. Look on the sncf website for timetables.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and keep an eye on Snowcarbon http://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/train-guides/insider-tips/ski-trains-price-check
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, the key to getting them cheap is to book as soon as they become available. Have a look on the snowcarbon website for an idea of timetables, although they might be a few minutes out because they are usually based on the previous years times. You're right about generally only being able to book three months in advance, I do nt think you'll know timetables for certain until then, but I did that trip last year and it leaves Paris around 11.30pm as I recall. For info the cheapest couchette tickets would be the non flexible ones and if you get them the minute they go on sale they should be about 29 quid each (single).
Good luck
Shippo
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://en.voyages-sncf.com - (NB: Not UK) I had no problem sourcing tickets at €25, or €50 for First. Unfortunately, booking for collection from the UK appears to direct you to what was RailEurope's timetable system, with no couchette trains that I could see.

According to the quick search I did, your train will leave Paris Gare d'Austerlitz at 23.12 local and arrive Moutiers a little after 7 a.m. local.

Absolutely crazy that SNCF can rip off the UK customer and provide a worse service at the same time, but surprised? Nope. Hopefully someone with a bit more nous than I can help you with that quandary.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To get the best prices, make sure you don't select the UK site (I believe there may be booking commission added as it goes through Rail Europe?), and as ticket delivery is by email, France is the country for delivery of tickets.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the info:

http://www.seat61.com/lunea.htm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Astraeus, as mentioned above: to get a decent price for the overnight couchette train, you need to book early - as soon as tickets go on sale - especially if you're travelling at peak times or weekend.
I stay up to midnight and book as soon as the tickets appear.
Always best to go mid-week and out of peak season if you can.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nailzstomp wrote:
http://en.voyages-sncf.com - (NB: Not UK) I had no problem sourcing tickets at €25, or €50 for First. Unfortunately, booking for collection from the UK appears to direct you to what was RailEurope's timetable system, with no couchette trains that I could see.

According to the quick search I did, your train will leave Paris Gare d'Austerlitz at 23.12 local and arrive Moutiers a little after 7 a.m. local.

Absolutely crazy that SNCF can rip off the UK customer and provide a worse service at the same time, but surprised? Nope. Hopefully someone with a bit more nous than I can help you with that quandary.

I can find them for €69 outbound and €131 inbound and leaving Paris thirty minutes earlier but I can't find the ones you refer to. Do yours run on a Friday night?

SnowCarbon looks to be a decent website and it's probably a case of booking Eurostar now whilst it is cheap and then making sure I'm around 90 days before travelling to book up the couchette.

...at a loss to understand why there isn't a "skyscanner" for the rail network...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Astraeus, that was actually for a Friday night in January - I was more looking at times for you rather than prices. Which is 22.56 departing Paris, don't know where I got 23.12 from. Definitely an Intercités de Nuit though.

As for why there isn't a Rail "skyscanner", the thought did cross my mind whilst looking it up...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Time horizon for booking

Departures in March up to 9th March - booking is open now. I saw a price of about 54 euros for Friday 6th March - single journey.

Departures from March 10th - they move to the usual three month booking horizon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
go talk to Jacky at http://www.rail-canterbury.co.uk If anyone can find them for you , tis she

AR
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Astraeus, when are you trying to travel?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
14-21 March 2015.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Astraeus, as indicated in previous posts, you can't book March 14 until 3 months before. That is December 14.
http://aide.voyages-sncf.com/toute-laide-train/je-prepare-mon-voyage/informations-pratiques-horaires-trafic-gares/ouverture-des-ventes

March 14 is a Saturday - if you intend to go out the previous Friday night you will definitely need to book at 3 milliseconds past midnight on December 13.
snow conditions
Yes, book out and return seperately when they become available. Don't wait till the return is 3 months. If you catch the cheap tickets it is cheaper that way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy