Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am see December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi have decided to return to zell am see this christmas for my second ever ski trip. Hoping to arrange this trip without a travel agent and was looking for tips on transfers from Salzburg/ sk and boot hire lift pass and ski school? Any recommendations or things to avoid ? There are two of us going and we both have only been skiing once before so will be taking beginner lessons again.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's on one of the main train lines from Salzburg. You get a tram from the airport which takes about 20min then the train which takes 2hours. It's really easy and a nice ride through the countryside.

They have some weird dipping Christmas tree in lake ceremony on Xmas eve. It's really nicely lit up in the whole town over Xmas.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks do I need to book train tickets in advance? Also any deals on lift passes?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Xmasski, There are a number of transfer options from Salzburg Airport to Zell am See.

Train is one option; as @madlondoner, says, you get a trolleybus from outside the airport terminal into the city centre, then a direct train to Zell am See.

Option 2 is a shared taxi transfer. Two companies offer this - Holiday Shuttle > http://www.holiday-shuttle.at/html/englisch/saalbach/aboutus.html or Vorderegger > http://www.vorderegger.at/_ui/files/fahrplaene/91deddb0e11e046053a3063f78058749.pdf Both companies offer shared transfers or private taxis. If there are more than 3 in your group, the private taxi option is cheaper than the shared transfer. Both services take you directly to your accommodation (and pick you up for the return journey).

Option 3 is the Postbus. This leaves from outside the Airport Terminal and is a relaxing journey through the countryside to Zell am See. Just get a taxi from the bus station to your accommodation. This is a faster journey than the train, as the Postbus cuts across the corner of Germany, so is a much more direct route.

There is plenty to do in Zell at Christmas, including the tree thing, carols, bands and midnight Mass, usually a market in the square.

You might want to book your train tickets in advance, but it is not strictly necessary - use bahn.de or oebb.at. For some odd reason, there are sometimes deals on the German Railways site that are not on the Austrian one.

There will not be any deals on lift passes. Ask your hotel for school and hire recommendations, or look online. Outdo ski school receive good reviews on here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Intersport are very good for ski hire and if you book online (just google inter sport Zell am see) early enough you can also request a heated ski locker so that your boots dry out lovely for the next day and are toasty warm when you put them on. There is a charge for this but it saves lugging your skis and boots about each day.
We've used Sport Alpin ski school a couple of times. Last time we had private lessons just for hubby and I and we felt it was money much better spent, rather than a group lesson. We came on far better.
Have a fab time Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have an apartment in Zell and though I have not spent Christmas there yet our guests who have tell me it is a pretty wonderful experience. I could go into a lot of detail on things to do but I have put it all on my website in my signature below so probably easiest for you to look there. If you want anything further or more specific fell free to send me a pm.

I am sure you will have a great time and I hope you get some good snow.

Cheers

Mark
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks a mill, I will check out your website!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
can anyone recommend a hotel in zell am see
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For price and next to the pistes I have stayed in these and been very happy: http://www.villa-klothilde.at/en/willkommen/ and http://apartment-annemarie.at/startseiteENG.htm

If you want more formal hotel then I have stayed in many over the years and they all are good in my experience The Steinerwirt is probably my favourite because of the food!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
so I have booked with travel agent again!! tried to book on my own but it worked out much more expensive. Going to stay in Seevilla Freiberg, cant wait!! Second time skiing so hopefully will see an improvement on my skiing this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Xmasski,
If you go again, the Tirolerhof is amazing. Beautiful rooms, wellness centre is huge and very relaxing, the staff were fab and is the best place in Zell we've stayed. We've also stayed at the Romantik which is equally lovely but the wellness centre just not quite as good. The Zum Hirschen was a cheaper alternative but much more basic Smile
Have a fab time
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy