Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are your goals for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
Easy, do as much skiing and snowboarding as I can. I think last winter I only managed 128 days. 105 off piste. I know very sad, but I keep a diary with my photos of what I do. This winter I want to see if I can do over 130 days. I start this weekend. Very Happy

Three Saint Pères couloirs, Hey Scarpa those are nice and not really that hard. There are some photos on my facebook page somewhere from last season and a few seasons before that. But it is a bit of a hike to get up to the top. Enjoy. Hope the snow is still ok by the End of season bash.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowcrazy, Cheers Smile The last bash saw a few non sH people doing them so they seem to be fine late season given enough snow. This season I am out for 154 days Smile I severely doubt that I will manage to ski anywhere near all of them though, I just bought the local ice climbing guidebook for a start.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarpa, that means you are out everyday. Nice!!Where are you based?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1. To remember how to ski (it's been two years!)

2. Successfully convert the Canadian piste rating to one that I understand and avoid death in Whistler
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To learn to love Moguls & Off Piste
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To do a back flip.... It will be on an air bag... But I'm desperate to do a back flip and get it on film!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowcrazy, In the Amade region of Austria, near Salzburg. The pass covers 44 resorts so it's a good base, plus the WC night slalom and ladies slalom events are held there Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
speed098 wrote:
biddpyat wrote:
My new goal , is to educate SH that there are alps in more countries than France. If I see one more post, when going to the alps,,,,,,,,,etc, and they mean when going to france. I will scream

Maybe the best way would be to take us all round these other places ( I think a couple of full seasons all expenses paid might just cover it ) wink snowHead
I would like that myself, but am I the only SH , that sees the word alps, then opens a thread and discovers its france once again, the alps do cover a very very large area. Ok it's a peeve of mine, did I tell you I have a jack Russell called PEVE........ do I can tell everyone he is my pet Peeve.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

that sees the word alps, then opens a thread and discovers its france once again

????

Isn't this a bit odd? If I am going to, say, Chamonix it is perfectly correct to say "I'm going skiing in the Alps at the weekend". What's the problem? Of course that would be true for St Anton too but so what?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jedster, +1
I don't say 'French Alps', 'Swiss Alps', 'Austrian Alps' etc every time I mention the word 'Alps'.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mistral_ski wrote:
To do a back flip.... It will be on an air bag... But I'm desperate to do a back flip and get it on film!

It's lots of fun. Trick is to throw your head back - your body will follow. Don't hunch up.

And on a bag, even landing on your head doesn't hurt at all. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My goals are to ski more than I did last season, minimum of 62 days. Do loads more ski touring. Ski on the trail thingy from Dachstein glacier to Obertraun, its a mission. Get to grips of off piste skiing rather an a series of controled crashes. And, get to as many Beatles tribute band gigs up at Obertauren. Ange Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One of the pesky boarders in our group beat my speed record last year. I want to re-earn my title!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This has got me in the right direction, don't see too many Moguls these days as they tend to get pisted and not left to develope.
I still need more practice but this is a good insight.
Hope I'm allowed to post this link.

http://youtube.com/v/M4yJgn9HdAM
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flangesax wrote:
Get to grips of off piste skiing rather an a series of uncontrolled crashes.

Laughing Laughing

FIFY....because I heard all about that....
latest report
To get myself to the ability to ski off piste. - Also to give Ice Climbing a go too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy