Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are your goals for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
As a relative newcomer to winter sports, I've set myself clear goals each year on what I want to achieve.

This year it's:-

At least 5 weeks in the snow
'Master' offpiste leading to at least 2 x heliskiing trips

What are your goals?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
What are your goals?
Every season it's to beat my (and Mrs MA's) 'endless winter' of 2009-10 when we fitted in 54 days on snow (around full time jobs) between Oct and July - starting and finishing on European glaciers. We even added a day in the August when we hiked up Cairngorm to ski a snow patch from the previous winter.

It's unlikely though Confused. That winter, Scotland's lift-served season lasted from Nov to May, with decent ski touring into June, and the North pennines had epic snow too. We had about 25 days on UK snow and skied for at least one day in 21 consecutive weeks and in 27 out of 28 weeks up to midsummer's day. Happy days Very Happy.

In terms of your off piste goals trainee snowboard jedi, don't discount Canadian catskiing - half the price of heli for the same amount of powder thrills. We've had 8 epic days with three different operators. One I wouldn't recommend (shocking customer service: no refund, credit note or even so much as a free drink when they couldn't get us to their wilderness lodge because of too much snow - we missed a day's skiing... rolling eyes ) but two I would recommend highly:

- Fernie Wilderness Adventures - Bargain day trips out of Fernie.

- Mustang Powder - Fantastic luxury wilderness lodge (40 km from the nearest access road) - Near Revelstoke. Trip of a lifetime that one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Completing the Inferno XC on skating skis that have metal edges.

You'd think it was a simple enough objective rolling eyes Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
After not skiing for over 17 years I only have one goal.

Every year to still be skiing ( I don't care if it is grass skiing, dry slope, fridge or any other type of slope I can get down on two planks, it is still all skiing ).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Main goal, just getting a little bit closer to keeping up with my other half, she is sh*t hot, trying to ignore the bruising to my poor manly ego Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
To ski.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To get my one week a year trip done without breaking anything
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, one goal is to ensure that friends who booked a trip out to my place in March, just this morning, have a good time. They arrived the day after I broke my pelvis in 2013 and I couldn't pick them up at the airport, or take them back, or take them skiing, or do much at all. Fran did more cooking than I did. There was so much snow their first morning that the ski bus couldn't make it, and she missed her private lesson as she wasn't confident to ski over the mountain in heavy snowfall. They couldn't afford a ski trip last year as they were doing a big New Zealand holiday to see her son, so fingers crossed I'll be able to offer more hospitality this time round.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Survive 2 six hour train journeys to the Alps with the children... and do some snowboarding. and get fit in 6 weeks...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Much more skiing than last year. Tour some new mountains. Jump off some stuff. Possibly get my little one on skis in the spring.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Goals? It's not work, it's pleasure. I set out to enjoy myself. If you set "goals" you risk not attaining them and that can lead to disappointment. Unless you're an Olympic hopeful, just chill and enjoy....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski more than 4 hours per day for more than 4 days before knee swells up like a balloon again ;-(
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris wrote:
To get my one week a year trip done without breaking anything

You know that's always my no.1 goal. Get through to the spring intact with no hospital or doctors visits. If that means I don't go out one day, or don't ski some face or do a U-turn en route then so be it. No pressure, no stress, just being in the mountains for the environment and the pleasure.

Life's too short to make it shorter.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My goal: to ski as much as possible this season. We have two family trips booked, half-term and new year, but I'm trying to work out how to get a couple of long weekends in as well (just the wife and I), and maybe sneak in some time over Christmas if I can get away with it.

I think this will basically be my goal until the kids go off to university, so that's eight years away. Then when we're free, I intend to take all our holiday time during the winter and ski even more in the Cheap Weeks Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski more than I have in a season since '93/'94
make sure that the family enjoy it as much as possible
do some touring to explore the wider area around Les Contamines
start to build some roots in Les C
find out whether all this rocker stuff really makes a big difference
ski holidays
My goal: to enjoy! Toofy Grin

My dream: to make the mountains come closer. Sad
snow conditions
More touring, more powder, jump off more stuff, add some more freestyle elements to that (I need to learn to 360 and if we get a snowy winter hopefully some flips too), enter a freeride comp (and get my ass kicked), better filming (we have a drone coming at work!!).

EDIT: Bit ore travelling too - hopefully La Grave and or Cham.
ski holidays
Just to have lots of fun, but also to finally indulge in the Blizzard Black Pearl skis I've wanted since demoing them at the EOSB last year..
latest report
Not to destroy my old bones as much as last season. I can't afford the physio Very Happy
snow conditions
My goal is trying to work out how to pay for this season's trips.
snow report
Mine is to get the kids skiing better, while managing to get some fun skiing done while they are in school, and manage to ski strap moguls with more style,
snow conditions
my 2yo onto skis and 4yo into lessons.
ski holidays
Dot. wrote:
my 2yo onto skis and 4yo into lessons.

Nice! I've got my 3 year old going into lessons for the first time this season and for my 5 year old it will be week 3. They're already getting competitive with each other and we're still 5 weeks from going
latest report
trainee snowboard jedi, to have a pleasant, comfortable and not too exacting week skiing with friends and eating in delightful mountain restaurants with good friends at the Birthday Bash. And that will be that. Reckon I should achieve my goals - how about you?
snow report
achilles wrote:
trainee snowboard jedi, Reckon I should achieve my goals - how about you?

Here's hoping, thrown my cap over the wall and booked the chopper which will cost me if I'm not good enough. That's commitment for you!

Your trip sounds much more relaxing though Smile

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 11-11-14 16:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Two opposite ends of the spectrum as it were.

Do far more snow kiting than I did last season which was zero.

And then if we do get the dreaded prolonged high pressure and uber cold temps and no fresh snow for weeks on end etc etc migrate my classic x-country to skating style which will involve more cash rolling eyes
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
To ski.

I'm sure you'll pick it up one of these fine days Toofy Grin
ski holidays
To ski more. And to help my wife get her mojo back. Not 'cos I'm nice, you understand, but if she gets back to loving skiing as much as she used to, I'll get to ski more!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1. To master skiing in powder 2. To fall over fewer times than my husband
snow report
to get used to the new planks

to do more off-piste stuff
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
To ski.

The word 'apres' was missing from this quote? wink
snow report
To finally 'crack' the Espace Killy.
snow conditions
To get the Mrs actually excited abou going
snow report
To heal my broken leg, do lots of physio, then ski again - January at best (unlikely), EoSB at worst.

If I'm really lucky, get to try out the ski touring gear that Spyderjon sold me before I broke myself.
latest report
To ski a particular black slope that I spotted across the new Wagrain cable car. Looking at the piste map I think it is sonntagskogel. If we get some good snow I think it is achievable for me.
snow conditions
My goal is to ski more than I did last season Laughing And that was a hell of a lot.

And to ski the three Saint Pères couloirs on the EOSB. I'm not sure if the right hand one will be too much for me though... but it looks such an amazing line... I've been looking at it for over 5 years Toofy Grin

Consider this an advert... if any EOSB skiers fancy starting on the easier route and working up give me a shout. I missed it last year and had to look up at the ski tracks of others. I had promised that I wouldn't ski it on my own Sad

http://freeskier.dk/freeskier-rutes/freeskiing-val-thorens/peclet-polset-val-thorens-france/couloirsstperes/

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 11-11-14 21:47; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Ski more Powder if possible, get better at moguls and try to nail the 360, can do it ok without air but need to get airborne..... Sad I would like a crack at Eagle Basin Couloir but it is one hell of a hike and Ano Domini isn't exactly in my favour these days snowHead
ski holidays
Off piste, off piste and more off piste...and get my daughter as hooked on the deep fluffy stuff as I am.
latest report
Kenzie wrote:
To finally 'crack' the Espace Killy.

What does 'to crack' mean?

I also want to do this so let's compare notes

When are you going?
snow report
Mine is to improve.

I ski a lot as we live here and kids race; but most years I just ski and don't seem to improve apart from being able to handle more difficult terrain. This year I want to acutally ski better.

To this end I have been getting fitter and I'm going to have some early season lessons
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy