Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES GETS CHRISTMAS PARKING

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Getting close to sorted on my family trip to Les Gets,

Does anyione have any recommendations re parking, I was told it is best to pre-book, but I can't find anything on-line about it

Any thoughts or inspiration will be gratefully received

regards

ALAN
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you staying? Les Gets has a few large parking spots
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're staying at st jean and driving in each day. We have ski hire right at bottom of slopes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Alan, I have been going to Les Gets for 7 years now and as far as I am aware, you can't book parking. That said there is a fair bit of parking in town, provided you are prepared to come in before the ski school rush. There is an underground car park right on the Front de Neige but we have never used it because 1) we have the roofbox on and the car doesn't fit and 2) you have to pay (c€15 for 24 hours).

Coming from St JdeA there is a lot of free car parking, if you don't mind a good 5 or so minute walk to get to the Front de Neige. As you come into Les Gets, you pass a garage on the right and at the mini roundabout, take the first exit to find on street parking or second exit to access a car park a little further up on your LHS or parking at the Mont Chery Gondola a little further on your right. There is also on street parking all along this main road past the Mont Chery gondola and around the village generally, although its limited the closer to the slopes and the centre of the village you get.

There is also free car parking (and lots of it) at the Perrieres lift, but this is right the other end of town from where you are coming from and a good 20 mins walk back to the Front de Neige and so really only an option for you if you have all your boots and skis in the car to put on in the car park.

There's a Petit Train which runs in skiing hours between the Front de Neige and the Mont Chery lift station, but its slow, stops for a long lunch and frankly the walk is not that far. Personally I like the walk from the ski shop back to the car, its a good warm down !

You don't say how old your children are, but when ours were younger and little feet were tired, we would simply wait outside the ski shop or at the Petit Train stop on the Front de Neige for daddy to go get the car and then pick us up. Likewise, if we were running a bit late he would dump us at the ski shop and go off in search of parking, leaving me to the joy of getting them in their ski boots and reunited with their equipment!

The key, as I said, is getting in a bit early (ie at the latest 40 mins before the start of ski school) as otherwise you will find all the parking has gone, but at least the hire shops are not bedlam to collect all your gear. Also, in heavy snow a lot of the parking spaces disappear beneath the white stuff so expect more competition for parking !

We love Les Gets, its a great area for kids to learn in, with lots of easy runs as well as a bit of challenge when they are ready for it, and has seen my lot through from Ourson to Etoile d'Or. I hope you have a lovely holiday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@alanjx, if you are only going to need to pick up your skis and boots on the first day then after that, if you can't find parking in the village itself, then you could head up to the area, Les Loisirs I think is what it is signposted - which is up by the school and the lake. There is some parking up there and you just pop on your skis and ski down to the bottom of the lift and the gondola and where some of the ski schools meet up. Coming back at the end of the day then you cut off on the way back down from the Chavannes to get back to the car. Not sure why I am telling you this as its just up past our chalet and we don't really want lots more cars going up there - but we won't be there this year at Christmas. Good luck and have a great time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Alan
If you want to base your skiing from the Chavannes lift then the "Parc du Centre" which is underneath the Chavannes lift is the most convenient but in busy times it does fill very quickly, only 246 spaces, with a lot of people parking there for the whole of their holiday.

Once you have hired if you will be carrying your kit in the car then putting boots on underground out of any wind or snow and in relative dryness is much better than trying to put them on in any icy car park.

Once you have your kit on come out of the car park, turn right and right again and up the escalator and you are at the lift.

There are free car parks but one of them is shut on Thursdays for the local market (Place de Marais I think).

Suggest that you take a "virtual" drive around the village on Google street view that way you can get an idea of what to expect.

Hope this helps.

Timc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for very helpful and detailed info
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy