Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good ski resort for beginners - with "guaranteed" snow and "pretty" resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
+1 for Les Gets is great, good beginner slopes and there is the whole PDS for your wife and you if you want to do something a bit more challenging, although Mont Chery is an underused jewel and a great place to find un-tracked snow as people just don't go over there as much. So it might be a few days before you feel the need to bother. Another good place thats in easy hitting distance from Les Get is the mont nyon area.

Another option would be morzine, try and get a place near the supermorzine bubble, then you could take your friends up super morzine and leave them playing around that area which has some fantastic little beginner runs or take them over into the Les Linderets.

Finally and I am massively biased here, just stay in Avoriaz, great beginner ski-ing at both Supermorzine and Les Linderets, easy access to Switzerland and the circuit for the more advanced skiers. But the number one attraction for me is its ski in ski out, which for a beginner cannot be overstated the advantages it gives in terms of motivation. If you stay in the Falaise sector you are also walking distance from the Plateau where all the lessons start.

Option 1- Get up and walk for 15-20 mins carrying your skis and/or get a bus to a lift.
Option 2 - Get up, put on skis, ski hmmm no contest

Some people say Avoriaz is ugly, I agree in summer, but the bottom line is you could cover skegness in snow and it would look fairly attractive, Avoriaz is actually quite pretty and more importantly when you are looking out of a window and you see mountains who care if the building you are standing in is a bit ugly.

G
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy