Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Renting All Mountain Twin Tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm off to Les Menuires to Ski the 3Vs at the end of December. I want to take advantage of the cheap rental prices if you book online and early, I'm a good intermediate skier and am going with some friends who are of similar or worse quality, so I won't be doing lots of off piste (but will do a bit) or hefty blacks (but will do a bit). I imagine I will be messing about a bit and playing around especially for the first few days with some of the less experienced skiers and boarders and because of this I want to rent All Mountain Twin Tips. I used these two seasons ago and had a great laugh skiing switch all the time and pulling 360s at speed and playing about just off the side of the piste.

My issue is that everywhere I look I cannot find twin tips without going for 'expert freestyle' or similar. If I rent a normal 'red' package will I be able to pick up some intermediate Twin Tips that will carve, play and let me mess about backwards all day? Or do I really need to shell out so much extra.

Advice on where to rent and if I will be able to pick up Twin Tips easily if I choose the Red/intermediate options? I have boots, helmets etc etc but my ski's died last year and I decided just to rent now that I live in Kenya (not many ski resorts).

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Theluji, you might struggle if you go for "red" skis. It might be worth trying to find smaller hire places that you could email, rather than the chains, but their rental prices might be a bit higher though. It is worth booking though as if you are going end of Dec (over New Year?) hire places might be busy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red I agree probably not, black (which is still at least one from the top level) should though. Try www.skimium.co.uk they show exact models and seem to honour them.

or just book through an even cheaper middleman like alpinresorts or bestpriceskirental and you shoudl be able to go up a level for only E20 or so.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks a.j using alpinresorts I can get platinum for about £70 rosignol soul 7s. Seems a very very good price at I should be able to pick what ski's I want. Do you recommend the website?

Cheers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Theluji, alpinresorts are just an agent for the actual rental shops but i always use them and never had a problem. i wont buy skis as its so easy to change depending on snow conditions and there is usually no cost to change if you take the platinum option. i love the soul 7's but if you are staying on piste and there is any sign of hardpack you will want something that is less wide underfoot and more suited to piste/park, soul 7's are more for off piste or fresh snow. if you are staying in softer snow or its fresh snow every day you will love them. i used them on and off piste but there was no sign of any hard pack and it was fresh snow every day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MogulMonkey - I'm hoping that theres going to be a big dump and that I can explore the side country a bit more this time round. I'll book a 'black' ski and assume that they will have a All mountain twin tip or something similar for me to use.

heres hoping.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy