Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy or Samoens - 28th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

Our plans have change from skiing in Austria 13 Dec to the first week of the easter holidays.

Our wee ones are 6 + 8 and have been skiing once. One isn't keen on ski lessons (very shy) and the lesson structure in Austria wouldn't be ideal.

Two different sets of friends are going skiing this week, one to Sainte Foy and one to Samoens.

Which one would be best for this week do you think (ideally I want to self cater as I am not a great skier and like to have down time).

or would you just head off yourself somewhere else?? Have read Mongenevre (sp, Tigne, VT, Alp d'huez, les deux alps).

Thanks everyone … again. xx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am planning another week just before Easter for Les Arcs, but would choose St Foy. Samoens is lovely too though. If it was me, I'd go with the better company Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It you can get somewhere in Tignes that week then that's your home run.(April)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about Tigne for the beginners……somewhere like La Rosiere sounds perfect for us but wouldn't go there a the end of the season (from what I have read!).

Thanks for responses!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CeliaCo, I can't help on Sainte Foy as we haven't yet been there but we are going there for one week this year.

Samoens is a lovely village which is very friendly and has a good range of shops as ski resorts go. If you go there I'd recommend staying at La Reine des Pres which is a short walk from the gondola and lovely accommodation. If you don't want to go skiing all day you could come back early to get to the pool and spa before everyone else does Very Happy We are spending our other week this year in Les Carroz linked to Samoens. snowHead We have only skied in the Grand Massif once before but the year we were there 2013 the snow conditions were amazing in the second week of April.

Montgenevre is also very nice but if your friends are going to the above I'd pick one of them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samoens , I don't really don't know anything about ,but have owned a place at Sainte Foy station for many years .
As far as the children are concerned I cannot think of anywhere better , it's not crowded , all apartments are near to the lifts and ski school and the ESF is excellent .
The skiing for the adults is better than you might think with two mega resorts on the doorstep to travel to Les Arcs and Tignes/Val for a day .
Not too much to do off slopes for a non skier however early April most like sitting in the sun reading a book and watching everything around them . Most apartment blocks have indoor pools .

Re Snow only one year in the last 10 have we had poor snow at Easter and that was the same all over .

Most visitors to Ste Foy return .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Rob. We are going to go for Sainte Foy and hopefully go by train.

Thanks all. x
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for sainte foy....... We are booked that week too......as well as new year!!!!

Ste foy with young kids is hard to beat.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the year we were there 2013 the snow conditions were amazing in the second week of April

to be fair, it was pretty amazing all over at Easter 2013. Easter last year was nothing like as good, though beautifully warm.

If you have the chance of joining up with friends, that sounds good, especially if you are not that keen a skier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ohh….where are you staying and how are you planning on getting there?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.cgh-residences.co.uk/winter/residences/sainte-foy-tarentaise.html

http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/sainte-foy.htm

Have a look at these .

Re travel got to be honest the cheapest and best way is travel by car with a bootful of goodies to consume over the week .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CeliaCo, The Eurostar is a lovely way to travel but not the cheapest. We've used it many times for the resorts in the Tarentaise. I would buy tickets sooner rather than later as they will only go up in price/sell out as you get nearer the date.

If you want to ski in other resorts eg. Tignes you might be better off driving and having your own car.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy