Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help won free flights at london ski show

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i won a pair of free flights to a ski destination with easy jet at the london ski show im looking to use them end feb but where is the best place to go for a weekend it will be just me and my 4 yr old son looking at going for a long weekend as where going to chatel for xmas next year plus wife and other kids would kill me if i took a week need ideas on somewhere to stay and transport to resort looked at grenoble and geneva intialy as destination airport but cant seem to find a bb or some where cheap to maximise slope time any ideas please would be welcome as im guessing that i can go anywhere as long as easy jet flies to the ski resort need to save the cash for taking the whole family at xmas next yr as we grew a little bit this year with twins
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@darrylsleet, firstly, welcome to snowheads Very Happy Secondly, you are a lucky chap!

Nit sure how you'll get much slope time if by yourself with a 4yr old but if you can fly to anywhere then I'd suggest flying somewhere very close to chosen resort. To be honest GVA will hard to beat. Loads of choice of accommodation close by, just make sure you avoid the French and English half terms Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trust me last time i could keep him of the slopes he had more bottle than me this time it will be just me and him as he grabbed the balloon with prize in just need a bb for a couple of nights car hire for friday to sun comes back as £45 which is not bad from grenoble but just need somewhere to stay thats reasonable
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@darrylsleet, Morzine and Chamonix are both near to Geneva and quite big, so probably worth a look. There are loads of shared transfer services to each (i.e. minibus), which might make it cheaper than hiring a car. Most of the 'big' resorts (3 Valleys, Espace Killy, etc.) are quite a drive from Geneva.

You haven't said what kind of skiing you want to do, though? Chamonix is generally not recommended for beginners/intermediates as the ski areas aren't all linked together. Having said that, if you don't want miles and miles of pistes then you might find the Les Houches area suits you.

Or you could look at flying to Salzburg or Innsbruck and driving to somewhere in Austria. It's usually easier to find B&B accommodation in Austria, and if you've got a car you can quite often find villages just outside resort which are much better value than staying at the foot of the slopes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most Easyjet flights to ski airports are only at weekends, so that might restrict you a bit. I've a feeling Grenoble might be one of these.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How about munich flights. They generally go mid week and a 2 hour drive would have you in Austria
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

How about munich flights. They generally go mid week and a 2 hour drive would have you in Austria

sounds good. You're unlikely to find cheap accommodation in France - it's peak French holiday time.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
45min from Salzburg to the ski pass shops..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Innsbruck? Lots of choice from there.

Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would be Geneva for me too, combloux is less than an hours drive from there and would keep you occupied for a weekend. Innsbruck is great if your flight lands, I've had 2 aborted landings there due to poor visibility and snow storms, which then means a divert to Munich and a 2 1/2 hr bus ride back to Innsbruck
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would milk it for all it's worth, go as far as you can. Not often you get something for free with sleazy jet. Maybe fly to Bucharest, then get a 60 mins train to Sinaia. Enough skiing there for a weekend and something completely different to the norm. Plus accomodation will be cheaper than Western Europe !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy