Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
bigimot wrote:
@Raceplate 4k Euro is nice but I guess you can almost double that if you rent on a weekly basis, no?
And if you're in the 3 valleys then I'm definitely buying you a beer when I'm over wink
Only if you have full occupancy which I think would be very difficult on a weekly basis. Trends are changing and people's quality expectations are rising; ultimately it's a small studio with a sofa-bed so it's good for young couples at Xmas/NY but no good for a family in the peak school holiday weeks. More affluent couples will go to a 'proper' apartment or hotel. That leaves you dealing on price only with low-budget couples/students in low season weeks. Not much return in that! The fact that you've just been offered a full season let with 3/4 weeks to go before the season starts tells you it has limited market appeal. If I bought one, I would definitely see a full season let to someone who wants their own space as the most reliable way to get a reasonable return on it.

The daft thing is, if you could pick it up and put it in La Tania, people would snap your hand off because 2 person apartments are almost non-existent there. It's just that LM was a purpose built ski resort aimed at a certain demographic that has shrunk so there's an oversupply of very small apartments. All the new investment in LM is much more up market and spacious in an attempt to widen the resort's appeal.

Anyway, bad for them, great for you - mine's a Kronenbourg! wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
btw. @bigimot, if/when you go for it remember to add yourself to the snowBuddy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. I'll make sure to add myself to snowBuddy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bigimot, Hi Bigimot, if you still haven't found anything and are happy to try a different area other than three valleys, I'm looking for someone to share accommodation with in Les Gets for the whole season. Ive seen a few places around the 3-5k budget and i haven't got a lot of money to spend either! Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@martat Thanks for the offer but I already found a place in 3 valleys (Les Menuires) Smile
Good luck in your search.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah ok no worries, thank you and have a good one!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@martat thanks, you too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy